ADS-B input for ForeFlight from PE and X-Plane?

272SP

ADS-B input for ForeFlight from PE and X-Plane?

Post by 272SP »

I've managed to set up my iPad with the GPS signal from X-Plane to give me an awesome real-world like Foreflight simulation.

Is there a way to get an ADS-B feed from PilotEdge that I can send to Foreflight that would simulate Stratus 2 or a similar ADS-B receiver integrated with Foreflight in the real-world? I'm mainly after the traffic (rather than weather).

Thanks!!
Keith Smith

Re: ADS-B input for ForeFlight from PE and X-Plane?

Post by Keith Smith »

Glad you're enjoying it. It's something that I'd like to add in the future. There are people waiting on me to create the API so they can push the traffic to ForeFlight.
272SP

Post by 272SP »

Keith Smith wrote:Glad you're enjoying it. It's something that I'd like to add in the future. There are people waiting on me to create the API so they can push the traffic to ForeFlight.
Thanks very much Keith!
lutherbrooks

Post by lutherbrooks »

I am using FSX with the FSX flight program along with my iPad running Foreflight Pro. I am able to see other aircraft, their path of travel, their vertical distance above or beneath me along with their tail numbers. I am also able to use the AHRS feature of Foreflight. In essence, I am able to get the very same information that the Stratus2 would offer me on a real world flight. I have searched the posts and I have not seen others talk about having this functionality. It is a HUGE help to get acquainted with this in the Sim environment rather than attempting to learn the nuances of Foreflight during training.
Are there any other Forflight users seeing this?
gavink42

Post by gavink42 »

Yes... Using FSX Flight, my ForeFlight features work exactly the same in P3D, as they do in real life in my Cherokee with the Stratus II.

- Gavin
- PP ASEL, instrument, complex, high performance
- Member AOPA, EAA, IMC Club, Piper Owner Society
- Cherokee 180C owner