Updated Mac plugin crash

flyingdrill

Updated Mac plugin crash

Post by flyingdrill »

Hi

I was having some fun with an engine failure in a Baron (a bit of a sweat - but did a great landing! :D ). Controllers were superb. Anyway, I taxied to park while still connected. Pulled back the mixtures (by then, I'd restarted the bad engine, because otherwise I just couldn't taxi straight at all in the Carenado Baron, despite being able to fly it straight on one engine!) and then X-Plane froze with the spinning beachball. This is the first time I've tried the v1.1.2 version, as I installed it last night. May not be a PilotEdge related crash, but I thought I'd report it.
Keith Smith

Re: Updated Mac plugin crash

Post by Keith Smith »

The Mac shows a detailed crash log. If you copy & paste that, then I can tell you if it was PE related.
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Hi Keith,

The X-Plane log, or which Mac one?

Before I mess up and lose whatever you need!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The crash log that comes up (visually, on the screen) after the crash. Copy and paste that.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Moved this to the X-Plane forum, please try to keep the posts as forum-specific as possible. It'll help this scale better over time and allow people to come to one place to read threads about a certain platform.
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Sorry if I posted in the wrong place. I would have thought that the PE client section was appropriate.

No crash log had appeared. As I said, XP froze with the spinning beachball, so I just had to force quit XP. The XP log.txt file was no good, as I had (unfortunately....) started XP up again.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

thx for the info, that's a different type of crash, then. If it's something you can reproduce, let me know.

Sorry for any confusion regarding the forum hierarchy. Think of it as a tree of folders not just a flat list.

If you had 3 folders:
Finances
- deposits
- withdrawls

All the deposits would go in the desposits, withdrawls in the withdrawls and anything that wasn't a deposit or withdrawl would just go into Finances. Same deal here :)
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

If it crashes under similar circumstances, I will!

I think I posted the original as a "generic" PE client problem, rather than going into the XP specific section, which I had regarded as more of an XP discussion forum. After looking more closely, I see that it does indeed contain many postings with queries about interaction with PE. So, mea culpa!

What is good is that I could properly use (i.e transmit as well as receive) both radios (com1 and com2 ) in the Carenado Baron v3 in OS X. I have yet to experiment to see whether this is as a result of there being the two 430s, or whether this will now work with simpler radios!