XP10 issues

Keith Smith

XP10 issues

Post by Keith Smith »

The beta is out, happy Thanksgiving.

Last time I checked (a couple of betas ago):
- aircraft were not rendering in non-HDR mode unless shadows were set to one if the first two or three lower levels

- aircraft lighting in HDR mode is excessively bright

I will verify tomorrow with the latest beta.
lwilliams

Re: XP10 issues

Post by lwilliams »

It's incredible (an incredible waste of time that is). So many bugs, everything freezes when you go into submenus. Too much time that I'll never get back.

Should be Alpha release, not web release.
Lee Williams
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

lwilliams wrote:It's incredible (an incredible waste of time that is). So many bugs, everything freezes when you go into submenus. Too much time that I'll never get back.

Should be Alpha release, not web release.
Then again plenty will complain that it wasn't out soon enough.

I had a go at downloading it this morning(Only a few hours after it went public), but by the time I got up and checked on it, the estimated download time went from 2-3, to 9 hours :lol:

I'll report once I have it at some point - Trying a torrent this time.
lwilliams

Post by lwilliams »

I was lucky....I woke at 3:00am, and I DL'd and installed it in a lot less time than others did later on in the day.

Therefore, it could have been worse.

I'm hoping they attack the bugs as XP10 demo gets exposed to a cross section of systems and they get the error reports.
Lee Williams
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

I started my download sometime between 2am and 2:30 am this morning and it finished up aorund 11:30. I did three 10 minute test flights and I have to say I am not happy. Well, I LOOOOOOVE the clouds!! But my frame rates suck!!! I realize I am flying on a new Mac Mini and it's not going to perform well, but still, 9.70 flies pretty well with better than modest settings even with my Carenado planes. I flew our Air Northwest CV340 for 10 minutes and all our planes are extremely FPS friendly, but X-Plane 10 could only give me 19 and 20 fps and it was choppy. I hope the shipping version is a lot better than the demo. I excitedly ordered my version 10, but I am beginning to wish I had waited. Oh well, since I had recently purchased a set of X-Plane 9 to give to a client, I got $10 off my purchase price!

I haven't tried all my plugins, but all my Saitek gear works with the my 9.70 plugins. ClearSkies works, too. I'll add some more plugins and try some scenery, too, tomorrow.....if I dare. No crashes on my Mac...yet. Haven't noticed any bugs yet, either.

Did I mention I LOOOOOOVE the clouds? Hmmmm.....wonder what would happen if.....well, I won't say it here, but I'll let you know if it worked.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The clouds are very expensive. Reduce the size and density, then your frames will improve.

Lee, you should report the bugs. A good number of ppl were involved in the closed beta, and I didn't see those freeze reports.

Bear in mind, this was designed for multicore machines and higher end vid cards. Without them, you will need to dial settings back (i certainly do)
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

No problems here at all. It is all in the proper combination of settings. I could run X-plane version 10 at 40+ FPS when away from the busy airport, other areas 20+ even with the clouds details cranked up, I was getting almost 20 FPS. I know that as a time goes by, LR will fix bugs and improve things. I am definitely happy with version 10. :D Cheers, AJ