X-Plane 10 Problems?

Jonathon S

Re: X-Plane 10 Problems?

Post by Jonathon S »

Keith Smith wrote:Ian,

The only known issues with XP10 and PE have come about from people not installing the plugin correctly when they've attempted to move the files from their XP9 installation over to the XP10 folder. I've been running PE and XP10 for quite a while now without issue.

Post a screenshot of the content of your XP10 plugins folder so I can see if you are missing any files, and also post your log.txt file, which usually contain messages about why plugins aren't loading.
My experience seems to agree with you Keith. The PE plugin seems to be working fine on my end. I had to totally re-install (I used the Web Demo to install the content from my disks originally, and my XP10 install got all jacked up). I basically deleted all XP10 content on my drive and reinstalled using the latest installer from the XP website. I then updated, and grabbed the latest graphics card drivers. Since I've done that, no issues.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

I flew on PE this morning as a test for X-Plane version 10 and it worked most of the time, I got disconnected from PE but after I connected back, there was no problems. Cheers, AJ
ianbennett

Post by ianbennett »

Hi,

I had dropped x-plane 10 a few days ago because of to many crash to desktop.

I tryed it again today and I got even more crash to desktop. i cannot evenget it to run, or it gives me a Open Gl error and graphics are totally wrong then. Few second larer crash to desktop !!

I jst past 2 hr fitting with it and could not get it to run, so finally I deleted the folder and turn off the computer. i will try later (maybe after new years) when it will be more stable.

So forget about my report about pilotedge plug in as the issue I have is not from it (I have not re installed it yet since my last fresh installation and update).

To bad I was waitign for x-plane 10 since so long and I am really very disappointed. The way I see a simulator is first stable, second stable, 3rd stable, and that is why some years ago I past from fsx to x-plane 9.

I think my x-plane 9 is going to live a long time.

(my computer spec are cpu intel i5, 4Gram, gpu ati radeon hd 5800 , windows 7 , it should be able to handle v10!)

Regards

Ian
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ian,

I would ensure that you have the latest video drivers and try it again. If it still won't start, then send the log.txt and crash logs to Laminar. I'm sure they would appreciate the bug report during the beta.
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

Also make sure you run the latest updater, currently 02 beta 4. Cheers, AJ
ianbennett

Post by ianbennett »

Thanks I will give it an other totally freesh try tonight.

Cheers,
c.b.powell

Post by c.b.powell »

Weep. My first go with XP10 and PE 0.7.2 -- three crashes-to-desktop in a row, each within a couple of minutes of getting airborne.

For what it's worth, I blame X-Plane. Going to send Laminar the appropriate logs now. (Note: XP9 and PE 0.6.9 were pretty rock-stable, so I'll revert there for now.)

Thank you, patient PE controllers, for accommodating an increasingly wild-eyed Cardinal driver whose repeated airborne disappearances surely weren't particularly welcome. Next time I'll make my callsign Flight 19. :D
arb65912

Post by arb65912 »

If you are running XP or Vista, see the link below.
I experienced crashes before I did that memory trick. Now I am running version 10 and PE with no problems and decent frame rate. Cheers, AJ.
http://wiki.x-plane.com/Running_Out_of_Memory
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Chris,

You're going to want the stability features of PE 0.7.2. It survives disconnects much better, check the version history in the plugin thread to see what I mean.

There are no known stability issues with 0.7.2. I would not roll it back.

Keith
c.b.powell

Post by c.b.powell »

I'm pleased to report that updating from Mac OS X 10.7.1 to 10.7.2 seems to have cured the problem. I flew KSDM -> KPSP tonight with nary a hitch, and it was pleasant to use XP10 and enjoy all its improvements.

Chris