comms question

JakeNYC

comms question

Post by JakeNYC »

Does the current version of the plug-in support X-Plane 10? I'm running version 10.03 (Beta 6) on the PC. The plug-in load and I'm able to connect to the network but it disables the build-in ATC function and hence there is no way to engage the communication feature.
Keith Smith

re: comms question

Post by Keith Smith »

Jake,

Yes, it works with XP10. It's intentional that it overrides the ATC communication function. You map the 'Contact ATC' feature to a joystick/yoke button (or use ENTER by default, since that's an existing mapping in X-Plane) and that's how you interact with our controllers.

If you want to fly offline and use X-Plane's ATC, you'll want to remove the .XPL extension on the plugin (or move it to another folder) to prevent it from loading.
JakeNYC

Re: Xplane plugin v0.7.2 released

Post by JakeNYC »

Thanks for the quick response Keith. After poking around the forum I see that people are (successfully) using PE with XP10.

I'm not certain what is causing my issue. I'm able to connect to the network, I show up on the live-map (on the website) but can't seem to transmit or I should say I get no response from my transmissions. I tried hitting "Enter" and using the key that is mapped to ATC. Is there an airport/frequency that is recommended that I test on?

Update: Never mind, appears to be working today at KMHV. thx
Keith Smith

Re: Xplane plugin v0.7.2 released

Post by Keith Smith »

Jake, I know it's working for you now, but I'm curious, exactly what freqs had you tried in the past, and where were you parked at the time?