XPlane Client Bug - Audio Output selection does not persist.

wyokid

XPlane Client Bug - Audio Output selection does not persist.

Post by wyokid »

This is a repost from here ... viewtopic.php?f=8&t=962&start=10#p7003. I couldn't find a specific bug report area and it sounds like this is a bug with the client.

Client does not persist the default output device across reboots.
To repro, open Xplane, Select the Plugin preferences, Select alt output device (usb headset in my case).
Restart Xplane and device will be selected.
Shutdown PC and restart Xplane on restart
Check Plugin preferences, machine default will be selected, not the alternate selection from last session.

XPlane 10
Windows 7 x64
Keith Smith

Re: XPlane Client Bug - Audio Output selection does not pers

Post by Keith Smith »

wyokid wrote:To repro, open Xplane, Select the Plugin preferences, Select alt output device (usb headset in my case).
Restart Xplane and device will be selected.
Shutdown PC and restart Xplane on restart
Check Plugin preferences, machine default will be selected, not the alternate selection from last session.

XPlane 10
Windows 7 x64
When you say "restart xplane and device will be selected," do you mean that it's USING the previously selected device, or that the selection screen shows the right choice?

I assume it's the former, because I can't imagine that a reboot would be an issue.

To reproduce, can you select the device, quit xplane, reboot, then start X-plane and DO NOT go to the preferences screen? Simply connect to PE and determine which device is being used.

There is a known issue where if you visit the prefs screen and press "OK" without first selecting an item on the list with the mouse, it will result in a corrupted configuration file, EVEN if a device appears to be selected. In other words, if you visit that screen and don't click on any of the items, then click OK...you're hosed. You can thank the X-Plane SDK for that one :) I'll try to find out if that's still an issue.
wyokid

Re: XPlane Client Bug - Audio Output selection does not pers

Post by wyokid »

After apply the latest patches for XPlane, I don't seem to be having the problem anymore. I'll keep an eye on it to see if it comes back.