Suggestions for future release

Rauerb3

Suggestions for future release

Post by Rauerb3 »

It is my hope that this thread will serve as a depository of features to be integrated into PilotEdge software to make it the easiest to use and most integrated/fluid system out there, Period.

The first thing i noticed (functionality wise) is that for some reason "Tab" doesn't move the curser forward to the next menu input. For me (and my shoddy wireless mouse), using the mouse is something of a nuisance.

The second "ism" I encountered was something I brought up to Keith directly but i'm still not sure I understand fully how this works. On the ground at KSNA, holding short, I hear the tower calling a second aircraft as ground control, issuing taxi clearance. I was not able to hear the response from the other pilot. It was explained to me that occasionally in RW controling, tower and ground will be operated by the same person. Is that also to mean that when talking to someone on ground their instructions are being broadcast on tower freq? I experienced a similar anomaly while talking to socal approach, who was also communicating with a jet on LA Center. Once again I could hear the approach controller, but addressing the other plane as LA center. I could not hear a response from the other plane. I'm just looking for clarification on this one. It doesn't seem right, but i'm still just a beginner.

Anyone else experiencing any niggles?

P.S. consider these nit-picks a testament to all the hard work already put into PilotEdge, and how far Keith has already come. At this rate, we'll be developing our own flight sim architecture q3 2011 :lol:
Keith Smith

Re: Suggestions for future release

Post by Keith Smith »

The radio issue is covered in the faq on the site, titled "how do the controllers manage all of the real world frequencies?" It is worth reading closely as it explains what happens real world, as well as the ways in which we are slightly different in our usage of combined frequencies.

The tab issue is a veteran on the known issue list. It is surprisingly painful to code, but I concur, it would be very useful. It will get done after the new clients are done.
Rauerb3

Post by Rauerb3 »

And so it is. Looks like I have some more reading to do...

Cheers
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

If I'm not mistaken, you sometimes hear that kind of one sided chatter in the real world. My instructor told me it was because some commercial traffic listens on one frequency and talks on another (higher frequency.) I dunno, I was just flying a little C152 and the same frequency for both.

I like how the controllers were being layered, with one person handling ground and another on tower, and another on departure. It makes the experience a little transparent when you switch from ground to tower and the same guy answers.
Aaron Flodin

Post by Aaron Flodin »

Daddy O wrote:If I'm not mistaken, you sometimes hear that kind of one sided chatter in the real world.
You do, and it has the potential to be very frustrating real world as well:) When a controller is working more than one frequency in busy airspace, it can be quite the ordeal to get a word in edgewise without blocking someone else.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Using a radio in an airplane was a lot like texting while driving.