[fixed] no coms in PE

AlJ

[fixed] no coms in PE

Post by AlJ »

I'm a new member and I've set up the plug-ins for PE and I can log into the server. When on the ramp I can not receive ATIS and for that matter I can not hear any transmissions at all. I've tried the focus fields to make sure that there was traffic and towers, but nothing. I could use some help if anyone has an idea of what I may have done wrong pleas let me know. (the navs work as I tested on the nearest vor)

Al
Vincent Meier

Re: no coms in PE

Post by Vincent Meier »

Have you set your sound card to your headset in the preferences section?
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
AlJ

Post by AlJ »

The VSPro Preferences show My headset and that's what I have set as the default in my sound set up in windows also

Al
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Al, I have some time tonight, I can debug this with you.

PM me with your availability.
Keith Smith

Re: [fixed] no coms in PE

Post by Keith Smith »

All fixed. ATIS wasn't working because it was disabled in X-Plane. PE doesn't supply the ATIS, it comes from X-Plane itself.

Transmissions were not being heard because the Contact ATC feature was not mapped correctly.

Not sure why you weren't hearing any comms before as I'm not sure what specific locations and frequencies you tried, but the radio check you made just now worked well, so I'm going to assume there was either no traffic in the area when you tried before, or you were tuning a frequency for a facility that was out of range based on your location and altitude.

Keith