Anyone running Windows 7?

Andrew Miller

Re: Anyone running Windows 7?

Post by Andrew Miller »

I am the guy running Windows 7, x64, and X-Plane crashes while the plugin is starting. Video card is an Nvidia Geforce 9800 GX2.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks Andrew. Roger A is coming to my office from Long Island today with his win7 32-bit machine which is experiencing the same issue and will be leaving it with me until I can find the issue. Since the symptoms are the same (plug initialization completes, but XP crashes prior to reaching the 'enable' phase), I suspect that whatever fixes his issue will also fix yours. I know of 2 other pilots that are in same boat (Tony S from California Airlines and Peter Klentos from the Summit).

I'll post an update here when I find something.
Rauerb3

Post by Rauerb3 »

Well I am glad to see it's not only me whos having these problems, but for Keiths sake I hope its not too hard to figure out.
GaryMillsaps

Post by GaryMillsaps »

Win 7 x64 here...one a uni-processor system, the other a dual system...not running any of the clients just yet.
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

Keith Smith wrote:Thanks Andrew. Roger A is coming to my office from Long Island today with his win7 32-bit machine which is experiencing the same issue and will be leaving it with me until I can find the issue. Since the symptoms are the same (plug initialization completes, but XP crashes prior to reaching the 'enable' phase), I suspect that whatever fixes his issue will also fix yours. I know of 2 other pilots that are in same boat (Tony S from California Airlines and Peter Klentos from the Summit).

I'll post an update here when I find something.

I would be interested to know the answer to the problem becuase I'm experiencing the same thing. I have a Windows 7 64 bit computer running an X-Plane 9.6 or whatever the latest release was. Thanks!
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Phil,

This was fixed a while ago (at least, the problem with Xplane being installed somewhere other than the root directory). Can you send me the following:
1) your log.txt file from the xplane root
2) your vspro.out file from the xplane root if it exists
3) a screenshot of your xplane/resources/plugins folder

Keith
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

Thanks Keith! What's your email address?
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

Okay i figured it out. In case anyone else is having the same problem here's the solution...

Some times when flying with XPlane I will connect my Laptop through the erthernet cable and run a"net" connection to the Laptop. I do this for various reasons mostly I like to see another visual like an external view or the local map. The problem appears to be a conflict between an offline "net" connecton and the vspro plugin. I disngaged the net connection and VSpro loaded fine. My laptop was offline when I tried this, so I am going to try the same when the laptop connection is live.

Hope this helps :)

-Phil
Phil_ANW

Post by Phil_ANW »

I tried connecting to vspro plugin with the Laptop on a live "net" connection with my desktop and vspro connected fine. So I guess the answer is to make sure no net connections are selected unless they are live.

Thanks,
-Phil
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Thanks for the update, Phil. Are you saying that you normally connect wirelessly to the net, but that you hook up an ethernet connection between the master and the slave? When you say the net connection was not active, are you referring to the net connection within Xplane (ie, having it send data to the slave), or are you saying the ethernet interface was active with a static IP, but no cable was plugged in? I'd like to make sure I understand so that we can help users in the future with this.

I'm glad to hear that it's up and running, though!

Keith