Free Scenery for PilotEdge users

andyw248

Re: Free Scenery for PilotEdge users

Post by andyw248 »

I have created a scenery package for L08, Borrego Valley. It is for X-Plane 10 only (because it references some of its scenery components). If you are interested you can find it in the org's download section at: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?aut ... file=16298.

-Andreas
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

I have been gone for a while, waaaay busy on a project, but I got sucked back in for a few days during the AOPA fly-in. The fly-in actually got me thinking about a really cool idea; What if members had a place they could meet. But not just some cheesy web lounge either.

Where could PE members go to meet other aviators? It would need to be big enough to allow people to do stuff, off the grid so they don't disrupt operations, yet localized to the PE service area. Then it hit me--KEDW. Philosophically it seemed the perfect place for X-plane pilots to go and experiment. It was, after all, the birthplace of the Xplane programme.

So I built this super map complete with signage, custom spawn points (at all 3 facilities!), plenty of hangars, and a racecourse designed for the B200 KingAir (though I have been night-flying it in my Stutka lately--even cooler at night!) There is even a historical easter egg on the map.

But I went even farther (further?) and set it up so that areas can be adopted by groups or VAs. I also turned the old USAF Test Pilot School into a flight school parking lot, complete with spawn points for instructor and student. There's a tarmac for fighter pilots, and a giant hangar for Airliners and VAs to spawn in. And there are runways...everywhere. KEDW is the absolute best airport in the world for Touch 'n Goes.

Anyhow, I went ahead and found new server space to post the old X-planes Scenery site. If you are looking for free custom airport maps for the PilotEdge service area then checkout the new site.

http://home.comcast.net/~adam_celaya/
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Further
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
ianbennett

Post by ianbennett »

Hi,

The link to http://www.xplanes-scenery.com does not work any idea why ?

Also I am looking for :
KBFL Bakersfield / Meadows Field
KFUL Fullerton Municipal Airport
KHHR Hawthorne / Jack Northrop Field
KIFP Bullhead City Laughlin Airport
KPOC La Verne / Brackett Field
KRNM Ramona Airport
KSBD San Bernadino International Airport
KMRY Monterey Peninsula Airport
KAPC Napa County Airport
KPAO Palo Alto Airport of Santa Clara County
KRDD Redding Municipal Airport
KSUU Travis Air Force Base

Any help

Thanks
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The link Adam posted two posts up (http://home.comcast.net/~adam_celaya/) contains the original "xplanes scenery" material.
ianbennett

Post by ianbennett »

Thanks,

I though these were 2 differents links

Cheers,
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Links are different, content appears to be the same.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Yep. I was able to free up the web space and host it on some personal space.

Has anyone tried the kedw map yet? The race course is da bomb, but i have yet to race anyone. Itd be a good map for a flyin.
Pilot2440c

Post by Pilot2440c »

When I click on the link, it just comes up as a generic "GoDaddy" domain website with no X-Plane information at all.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Yes, read the message a few posts up, here's a shortcut: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=186&start=40#p13843

I'll update the original post accordingly.