Floating aircraft

Daddy O

Floating aircraft

Post by Daddy O »

I think I may have a lead on why I see planes in the ground or floating 20 feet off the ground when I am online. The problem is that it did not happen all the time.

My quesion is this: At the fly in last night at KGCN, were any of you using custom scenery for the airport? I suspect that the scenery editor I am using, Overlay Editor, may be at fault.
Alex Stjepanovic

Re: Floating aircraft

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Default.
Brian Ratledge

Post by Brian Ratledge »

Alex Stjepanovic wrote:Default.
+1
Brian Ratledge
Pilot Client Support Team
brian (at) pilotedge (dot) net
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I removed all custom scenery after having performance issues with 2GB ram on Win7.

Phil has custom scenery for GCN (from another package), he appeared to be at a normal altitude.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

My kgcn scenery came from xplane.org, and it rendered me so far underground no one could see me, people actually taxiid over me. But I think the author of that scenery pack also used overlay editor. What is odd is that the planes floating or sunken into the ground mostly appear to be live traffic. But just whan I think I have it figured out, I go to an airport with custom scenery and everything works properly.
Anyone else seeing anomalies with airports that have custom scenery?
Rauerb3

Post by Rauerb3 »

I'm using the addon scenery from Cal Air and I was reported to be off the ground at KGCN.