XP crash with win.xpl

Tim Krajcar

XP crash with win.xpl

Post by Tim Krajcar »

I'm presuming this has nothing to do with PE, but posting here just in case. I also submitted it to LR, not sure if they are able to follow up on individual crash reports or not.
I saved the vspro.* files and log files, if needed. :)
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Tim Krajcar

Re: XP crash with win.xpl

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Well, somewhat unsurprisingly, LR suggested I take the plugins out and see if the crash recurs. ;-) Which is probably what I would've said. Which is great, but I have no way of reproducing...

Problem is, I don't really know what PluginAdmin/win.xpl, which is what caused the crash, actually /does/, so I'm not sure if I can remove it or not. I'm not sure if I installed it with something else or if it was there to begin with (in which case I'll politely push back on LR since it was their code that crashed...)

Does anyone know?
Tim Krajcar
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Tim,

Which version of the plugin are you running? Can you email me the VSPro.* files and the CrashLog.txt?

Keith
Tim Krajcar

Post by Tim Krajcar »

PE 0.6.8. Files on their way.
Tim Krajcar
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I see from the log files that XSquawkbox was also loaded at the same time. I haven't tested that, since PE and XSB try to acquire planes from Xplane's multiplayer system, that is not likely to be a good thing. The installation documentation for PE does state that the XSB plugin should be renamed to another extension so that it does not load during the same XP instance as PE.

That is the only thing that stands out as a contributing factor. Can you do a series of flights on PE with XSB renamed and see how you do?

Btw, the vspro.out that you sent does indicate that the radio was disabled due to a low voltage situation, so that removes the mystery surrounding that issue :)
Alex Stjepanovic

Post by Alex Stjepanovic »

Hope I can chime in with a brief question since the matter was brought up already...

KS when I rename the XSB to .bak, it no longer shows up under plugins, but at the same time if left as .xpl it fights with VSPro.xpl - As you noted. Is there a way for both of them to run or be plugin admin on/off-able, as this way one'd have to copy/paste them each time a connection to VATSIM or PE was desired?