Comm Outage

Daddy O

Comm Outage

Post by Daddy O »

I seemed to lose comm last night right after calling for clearance back to Sacramento. The last thing I heard from control was Kieth saying that my clearance was pending. I could hear other pilots in the area, but none of the controllers. I called for a radio check from Reno ground but got no response. Logged off and reconnected but no change. Was there a comm outage or are you guys just tired of hearing from me :)
Keith Smith

Re: Comm Outage

Post by Keith Smith »

Adam,

I was wondering what was going on there. I heard you call for the IFR clearance, responded that I had your request (which you apparently heard), then called about 60 seconds later with the clearance. No response. Called 2-3 times after that with radio checks, nada.

I saw you disconnected and reconnected. I heard the call for the VFR departure. I called to confirm that you wanted to cancel the outbound IFR and didn't hear anything at all. Very strange that you were hearing other pilots, but not me.

The can only really happen if the server sends a 'mute' directive to your client (which it normally sends if someone is out of range). Next time you're online, let's do a test up at RNO and see how we do.

Keith
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

That is interesting. I think I remember a post where that happened before. The server thought the guy was out of coverage.

We can check it out on the next Beta night. Is that Friday still?

I gotta do some mapping for that Sacramento-Mather. Xplane is totally missing the entire northern tarmac where the terminals and FBOs should be.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The betas are Wed/Sun.

Yes, Mather has the default taxiway layout (one parallel taxiway per runway) in XPlane right now.