Jeff's X-Plane Scenery for SoCal and Beyond

Jeff N

Re: Jeff's X-Plane Scenery for SoCal and Beyond

Post by Jeff N »

Thanks again gents, very glad you enjoy the scenery.

Just uploaded an update to KSNA John Wayne. Lots of enhancements, worth re-downloading. See first post.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Love that airport. Thanks Jeff.
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Be careful with some of these scenery packs if you ever installed any of the packs i built and dispersed a few years back. Xplane will render one airport over the other if you have duplicates, but itll be boggy due to double the scenery RAM being used.
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Indeed, multiple/dupe scenery packs not only look like %$@# but they slow the sim way down.

Quick update: I'm back to working on KPSP Palm Springs now that I've obtained permission to use the custom modeled terminal and Air Museum buildings originally made for MSFS. Coming together quite nicely, will post some progress shots soon.
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Great Work! What's the game plan after KPSP?
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Probably just more updates to existing airports for a while. That reminds me, I have to upload a new version of KCRQ with corrected taxi signs. And, as I've seen on some streams and YouTube videos, I need to correct some of the start locations to appropriate aircraft type for those of you using AI aircraft. Seeing a KC-10 taxiing around at Whitman on a recent video was a bit...odd.
noisy

Post by noisy »

Hi Jeff, do you plan to make another update for KSNA? There was change in runways numbering and (19 -> 20, 1 -> 2) since 18 of Sep.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Here's an updated apt.dat for SNA.

Copy it over the "xplane\Custom Scenery\KSNA - John Wayne International Airport 2\Earth nav data\apt.dat" file and you should be good to go.

It implements the runway swap.
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Thanks for posting an interim fix, Keith.

I've been short on time lately but chipping away at all the taxi signs and pavement markings. The pavement markings are especially time-consuming. Should be done this week.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

No worries, Jeff. I was actually on an older version of the scenery and didn't have any pavement markings, so I thought I was in good shape. However, after upgrading to v2 of the scenery and making the same mods again, I see that the pavement markings are there, and are not something I can easily edit, otherwise I'd help out.

Thanks for trying to take care of this, it's an important airport for PE, as you know!