Consistently Disconnecting

Keith Smith

Re: Consistently Disconnecting

Post by Keith Smith »

Can you say what the error message was or just blur out your email address using a paint program?
toby23

Post by toby23 »

Hi all,
I've just joined the two week test program and have been having problems of all sorts tonight.
I must apologise to the wonderful controller, who has the patience of a saint.
I go under the callsign 'N23TR' on PilotEdge and, as she might recall, I have been having some trouble tonight.

1. She always tells me it sounds like I am under water or muffled.
2. Tonight the PE client disconnected mid-flight and had to be manually reconnected.
3. Before the disconnect, I was hearing double voices and weird sound effects on the controllers voice.
4. When I tried to reconnect, I was given the error that the callsign was already in use and had to end the flight.

All these things suggest a slow internet connection but it's a modern 52Mb line in London, so shouldn't be an issue.
I use voice comms in other games with no problem and people comment on how clear my voice is.. the opposite of PE.

What can I do to improve the quality if anything? I would really like to be able to complete a flight with PE.

Thanks,
Toby
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Toby, send an email to support@pilotedge.net you may get a quicker response there and they can troubleshoot with you.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS