Consistently Disconnecting

sronayne96

Consistently Disconnecting

Post by sronayne96 »

During my last 5 or so flights on PE I've disconnected from the network. It always seems to happen around 15 mins into the flight and when I try to reconnect it gives me the error "BYE: Callsign already in use" It takes 4-5 attempts to reconnect before it eventually does reconnect. In my last flight this happened on more than one occasion. I'm pretty sure it's a problem on my end but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Seán
Seán Ronayne
Twitter: @sronayne96
PPL student at Weston Airport, Ireland. (EIWT)
Keith Smith

Re: Consistently Disconnecting

Post by Keith Smith »

Sean, I know you've been watching video streams on twitch during some of those flights. I would try doing a flight without twitch running (or any other apps that might take quite a bit of bandwidth) and see if the result is any different.
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

While I was watching live streams last night, on all the other occasions that it happened I was not. But I'll certainly take it into consideration.
Seán Ronayne
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

I'm still experiencing these problems on every flight. It also seems to happen during the more critical stages of the flight such as climb out and approach which is doubly annoying. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated as this is becoming very frustrating. I will say that I recently got a new computer and switched X-plane onto that (from mac to windows). This problem has only happened since switching computer but I still have no clue as to what the problem is.

Seán
Seán Ronayne
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

This problem seems to be getting worse and worse. On today's flight I must have disconnected at least 8 times. Not only that but X-plane is now freezing just before the PE client disconnects. It is now actually impossible to fly on PE. If anyone could help in anyway or offer a suggestion of any kind it would be very much appreciated as It appears I'm not going to be able to fly on PE until this is resolved.

Thanks in advance,

Sean
Seán Ronayne
matt

Post by matt »

Is X-Plane freezing, PE disconnecting, then X-Plane continuing normal operation? Also, are you running any other plugins with X-Plane at the moment? If so, which ones?
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

"Is X-Plane freezing, PE disconnecting, then X-Plane continuing normal operation? Also, are you running any other plugins with X-Plane at the moment? If so, which ones?"

Well today at least that was the case. X-plane freezes-PE disconnects-then X-plane resumes, I am using the heasdshake plugin and that is it. However I've had the disconnect problem for 2 weeks and only today did it start freezing aswell.

Sean
Seán Ronayne
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sean, when you attempt to reconnect, you have said in the past that you get a 'host not found' or 'host not responding' message for the first few attempts, and then you're eventually able to reconnect, is that right? If so, that would point to a networking issue somewhere between your box and our server. It's not something we're likely to be able to control, as frustrating as that is.
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

Keith Smith wrote:Sean, when you attempt to reconnect, you have said in the past that you get a 'host not found' or 'host not responding' message for the first few attempts, and then you're eventually able to reconnect, is that right? If so, that would point to a networking issue somewhere between your box and our server. It's not something we're likely to be able to control, as frustrating as that is.
Yes Keith,
That has been the case most of the time. Is there anyway that you think I could even attempt to troubleshoot these problems?

thanks,
Sean
Seán Ronayne
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

OK so I uninstalled the head shake plugin and flew a few laps of the pattern at John Wayne for about 20 mins this evening (or morning I suppose). I did not disconnect at all and the sim did not freeze. So it looks like the problem was that the headshake plugin was interfering with the PE client in some way. I'll know for sure over the coming days whether or not this is true when I do some more flights and for longer time periods. I certainly hope it is as I'll easily ditch a headshake plugin for smooth flying on PE!
Seán Ronayne