Consistently Disconnecting

Keith Smith

Re: Consistently Disconnecting

Post by Keith Smith »

Sean,

I hate to say it, but I doubt that's it. Please don't be shocked when you do flights at another date and you still have the problem.
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

So I flew the I-9 rating rating today and it was back to it's usual tricks. Disconnecting but no freezing. Thankfully only disconnected twice this time but still takes about a minute to get back online.
Seán Ronayne
Twitter: @sronayne96
PPL student at Weston Airport, Ireland. (EIWT)
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

Would you mind posting your log.txt the next time this happens? It's infinitely easier to diagnose problems and conflicts if you attach the log.txt that is generated when you shut down X-Plane….or when it crashes.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

yeah ok will do Steven. Although I'm never quite sure which part of the log text I should show you.
Seán Ronayne
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The log.txt isn't going to show the cause of the disconnection. Freezing/crashing, maybe, but it's unlikely to show the cause of the disconnect. What would be helpful is if you can keep a ping running to our our server while you're connected. When the disconnect happens and you can't get back online (host not found, rather than 'callsign in use'), let me know if the ping is failing during that window. I'll email you the steps to set up the ping.
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

Ok. Got the email. Thanks Keith. I'll let you know how it goes.
Seán Ronayne
Steven Winslow

Post by Steven Winslow »

sronayne96 wrote:yeah ok will do Steven. Although I'm never quite sure which part of the log text I should show you.
If you do decide to share your log.txt file, simply use the "Upload attachment" tab and attach the complete file. Don't just copy and paste.

Keith, I understand the log.txt may not show the definitive reason for the disconnects, but it may show other conflicts that might be contributing to the issue. There are several plugins that cause problems with the VSPro plugin, namely Goodway and other online flight servers like NetFlight and X-FlightServer. At least these have caused issues on my MacBook Pro.
Steven Winslow
CEO/Owner - Air Northwest Virtual Airlines • http://www.airnorthwest.org
People should get what they want when they want it once in a while. Keeps them optimisitic.
sronayne96

Post by sronayne96 »

Steven,

On attempting to upload the log.txt I receive the error "The extension txt is not allowed."

Keith,

I have sent you an email regarding the results of the ping test.
Seán Ronayne
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Sean's issues are caused by drops in network connectivity between his computer in Ireland and our server in NJ. When he's disconnected from the server, his pings are also failing, which show a lack of connectivity between the two machines. Other people are not being dropped at the time, which means the server is alive and well, and that our connection to the internet is generally healthy. A timely traceroute would be required to find out exactly where it's dropping.

Sean, I do have one more check for you to run...I'd like to see if a ping test to another server on our same LAN also drops packets. If my theory is right, then the pings to this other server should also fail at the same time. If the pings to the second server succeed while the pings to the flight server are failing, then something else is going on, but I doubt that's the case.
machvista

Post by machvista »

Hey Guys,

I'm running into the same issue as Sean. This has never happened to me before, but all of the sudden today I keep getting this error. I have included a screenshot. This is very frustrating when you have to restart your flight 3 times only for none of them to finish.

Edit: deleted image due to my email being in there.