Trouble with the x-plane software

Kevin_atc

Trouble with the x-plane software

Post by Kevin_atc »

Hey guys.

I'm trying to get the x-plane pilotedge plugin all set up. I've followed the instructions on the website as well as I can, but it's still not working. I'm probably missing something very obvious as I tend to do that when it comes to these little things. Could anyone please help me out?

Here's a picture of my current x-plane9\resources\plugins folder. As you can probably tell, I've tried everything in terms of what I should throw in there. Currently, the plugin just isn't showing up while in the sim. ADDITIONALLY, after my first attempt at adding this plugin, I now get an error when I try to start x-plane that says the QTCF.dll was not found. I can just hit OK and the sim will load up, however I don't know what I did to make that happen either :oops: :
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Ben Anello

Re: Trouble with the x-plane software

Post by Ben Anello »

You need to take the files out of the VSPro files folder and place them directly into the Resources\plugins directory. Those files, plus the VSPro Resources Folder plue the VSProPlugin.xpl should do it for you. Go to the home page on pilotedge.net and then select the Beta section. Then under XPlane, click on the Download item. You'll see a list of the files in the Resources\plugin sub directory.

BA
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Ben,

I've got all of those in there...they're just scattered around out of order but if you look through that screen shot you will find all 7 DLLs plus the vsproplugin.xpl file so I think I at least did that much right.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Perhaps a conflict with another plugin? Try changing all the plugins to *.bak except for VSPRO, if you don't get the error message, change them all back 1 at a time to isolate it. I doubt that this is the case, but it never hurts to try it.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Eugene Zaporozhets

Post by Eugene Zaporozhets »

In the unlikely event you're running an XPlane version earlier than 9.6, KC; you should update it. The plugin won't run on versions earlier than 9.4.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The QTCF dependency is a new one...haven't heard of that before. I'll work with you on this when I return, KC. What OS is this and which version of X-Plane?
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Shawn Goldsworthy wrote:Perhaps a conflict with another plugin? Try changing all the plugins to *.bak except for VSPRO, if you don't get the error message, change them all back 1 at a time to isolate it. I doubt that this is the case, but it never hurts to try it.
I just tried that...still nothing :(
Eugene Zaporozhets wrote:In the unlikely event you're running an XPlane version earlier than 9.6, KC; you should update it. The plugin won't run on versions earlier than 9.4.
I thought that might be the issue too, but I was running 9.4 something yesterday and I did update and still nothing.
Last edited by Kevin_atc on Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Keith Smith wrote:The QTCF dependency is a new one...haven't heard of that before. I'll work with you on this when I return, KC. What OS is this and which version of X-Plane?
Windows Vista 32 bit
Xplane 9.62
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Ben Anello

Post by Ben Anello »

KC -

Hmmm.. I saw the vspro files folder so I was thinking that you didn't pull the files out. Oh well.
Send us the log.txt file from x-plane. Does that tell us anything?
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

There was a problem with the 3.3 plugin, so Kieth rolled the site back to the 3.2 plugin. re-download it and you shouold be ok.