Trouble with the x-plane software

Keith Smith

Re: Trouble with the x-plane software

Post by Keith Smith »

Kevin,

The DLL that you mentioned (QTFC) is part of Quicktime. Can you see if you have Quicktime installed? If not, try installing it. Sorry I can't post more, gotta finish other things tonight in preparation for Roger's arrival at the office tomorrow...we're going to debug the win7 32-bit issue in person. That should be the last 'big' one to fall, save for the occasional crash/stale connection issue, which is next on the list.

If installing QT doesn't do it, search the drive(s) for QTFC.dll, if you find it, copy it to the xplane\resources\plugins folder. Why on earth it's looking for that, I'm not yet sure...but there are tools which can tell us that when we're ready to look into it.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Alright, I'm good with connecting to the network now, thanks guys.

Keith, I actually just recently uninstalled quicktime because windows defender found a trojan associated with Quicktime apparently...but I'll try reinstalling. On the other hand, I just have to click "OK" three times and xplane loads fine. Do you think it's really an issue?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Kieth; I installed quicktime, then tried the 3.3 plugin just to see if it made any difference (I never got the quicktime errors, but I was not running it either) and the 3.3 plugin still does not register as a valid plugin. I rolled back to the 3.2 and I am back in business again.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Concur, 3.3 was a dud...that's why it was rolled back on the site.