Best Way to get ATIS

kleistad

Re: Best Way to get ATIS

Post by kleistad »

Keith Smith wrote:We're not going to have PE controllers record the ATIS for 40 towered airports. The long term plan is to integrate Ken's ATIS system into the pilot client. There are many different approaches to get this done. I could do a quick and dirty version with relative ease, but I'd prefer to use an approach which will benefit from the range-based voice distortion code which will eventually make its way into the system.

Pilots will be able to toggle the system on/off within the pilot client, and then disable the sim's built-in ATIS at their discretion.
Is this still a plan, or has it been discarded?
Kristoffer L.
N187KT
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It is still in the works. In fact, someone started doing some feasibility testing around a specific implementation that we have in mind about 2 weeks ago.
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Keith Smith wrote: I'm talking about taking that audio and getting it into the sim. It contains accurate weather, approach and runway information.
That would be GREAT...adds a lot of realism to the P3D and Xplane built in weather player. :)
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls