HD CSLs now available

grimmdgg

Re: HD CSLs now available

Post by grimmdgg »

Keith Smith wrote:
once the CSLs ae installed into the PE CSL Folder, will the liveries be used to display other aircraft in the vicinity at my local X-Plane display,
That one.

I'm not sure what a '3d livery' is. A livery is a set of 2d textures that are used to represent a specific paint job for a model. The process of building HD CSLs is fairly involved. I have an authoring guide in the works but it's not ready for release yet.
Has there been any progress on the authoring guide? The list of current HD CSLs seems a bit random and could be greatly expanded by the user community. Even a brief bulleted list of steps and the associated software would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by grimmdgg on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
JonFly

Post by JonFly »

I have installed all the CSLs available. Went straight to Catalina, the helicopters look great. I look forward to spotting the other planes. I hope one day the 172 has an HD CSL. Impressive stuff!
Jon aka "JonFly"
See my livestreams www.twitch.tv/jonfly
Join the new X-Plane Users Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/xplaneusers/
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Is there going to be HD CSL available soon after the release of the IXEG 737-300?
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

The HD CSL's can be quite complex to make so it is not really something PE folks make themselves, also it can be expensive to contract out.

For the most part Dev's need to approve the use of their model for CSL use and Devs can be very protective of their work which is understandable.

HD CSL's are great and add some nice eye candy but from what I understand that is not part of the core business model for PE.

Note this is how I understand it, certainly not speaking for PE here...also note there is a CSL already for a 737.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

We actually have permission to use the AirfoilLabs 172 as a CSL, it's just a matter of allocating time to it.

I've been in touch with the IXEG folks (for a long time now), and they are open to us making a CSL from their 737-300.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

Keith Smith wrote:
I've been in touch with the IXEG folks (for a long time now), and they are open to us making a CSL from their 737-300.
That is nice to see...thanks for sharing.
x_plane_pilots

Post by x_plane_pilots »

Any CSLs for the JAR 320? I saw Mr. Gibbs had it
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

x_plane_pilots wrote:Any CSLs for the JAR 320? I saw Mr. Gibbs had it
I think that was a specialty item for him to use and not something generated by PilotEdge nor something that's widely available...
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The stock XP11 Skyhawk is now available as a HD CSL on the download page.

Additionally, we're happy to announce that all of the Aerobask aircraft will be released as HD CSLs in the very near future. The first one is the Eclipse and is ready for download right now. The others will be following shortly.