HD CSLs now available

stealthbob

Re: HD CSLs now available

Post by stealthbob »

Watching the gear retract on the 737-200 was a beautiful sight...even better was the reversers on landing. :D

I feel I have come along at a great time in the PE timeline...

Thanks for what you do for the community Keith.
BluesmanEP

Post by BluesmanEP »

Thanks for these. I can't wait to try them out!

Quick question:
Do we need to remove the old CLS that are the same as the new HDs ones? There is a JetRanger in several places in the CSL folder (/Keith/Rotary, also in /heli/jetranger, and the new HD one). Is the plugin savvy enough to make sure the HD one is used when available?

Also, when connecting using an aircraft that's similar to one with an HD CSL, should we use the ICAO code for the CSL, or the one accurate for the model we're flying? I'm thinking of the Antares 20E glider, but there may be others also.

Thanks!!
BE58 - N4854B
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

I don't think you need to remove anything, just plunk the new ones in. Use the regular ICAO (for PEAware and controller purposes) - PE automatically selects the closest CSL to your aircraft based on a certain set of parameters.

Keith, to add to my portfolio of annoying requests -

Is this 732 UAL livery a possibility for a future CSL update? I know a bunch of guys are using it - only one available as far as I can tell.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=23169
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

BluesmanEP wrote:Thanks for these. I can't wait to try them out!

Quick question:
Do we need to remove the old CLS that are the same as the new HDs ones? There is a JetRanger in several places in the CSL folder (/Keith/Rotary, also in /heli/jetranger, and the new HD one). Is the plugin savvy enough to make sure the HD one is used when available?

Also, when connecting using an aircraft that's similar to one with an HD CSL, should we use the ICAO code for the CSL, or the one accurate for the model we're flying? I'm thinking of the Antares 20E glider, but there may be others also.

Thanks!!
I need to look into exactly why it occurs, but it does seem to select the HD CSL over the old CSLs in the case where both match a target aircraft. For this reason, it's not critical to remove the old CSL, but you can save VRAM if you do since the old CSLs are pre-loaded during x-plane startup.

In a perfect world you'd use the most appropriate ICAO code for the plane you're flying and the engine would do the rest. Give that a try before swapping to a model-specific ICAO code for another aircraft. It depends on how accurate the related.txt and Doc8643.txt files are at the time.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Nelson L. wrote: Is this 732 UAL livery a possibility for a future CSL update? I know a bunch of guys are using it - only one available as far as I can tell.
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=23169
I've contacted the author of that livery to ask if we can include it as a livery for the CSL.
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

Am I the only one thinking B407 v2? :)

(hopefully not)
X-Plane 10.45
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

A heck of a long wait...

Edit - Seems like I was severely misunderstood - my fault :oops:
Last edited by Nelson L. on Sun May 24, 2015 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X-Plane 10.45
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Keith Smith wrote:what is that?
Agreed. The B407 is a beauty. I'm confused.
webstalle

Post by webstalle »

Keith,

once the CSLs ae installed into the PE CSL Folder, will the liveries be used to display other aircraft in the vicinity at my local X-Plane display, or is it the other way rouns, the livery data stored locally in the PE CSL Folder will be exported over the Internet to those X-Plane/PE pilots seeing ME in their vicinity, assuring that the airplane I'm using pops up in a fashion cloes or even identical to the way I'm used to see it locally?

If the latter case is true: Can I add 3D liveries, even repainted ones, from other aircraft not contained in your CSL package to the CSL Folder?

Regards,
Friedhelm, Germany
N26292, both for AA5 and P28R
XP 1153, Win 10 64bit
FAA PPL
I-11, CAT-11,
A2Z ZLA #35, WUS #13, AZ #5
4x( i9-9900k), 4 x nVidia 2080 Ti/1080 Ti, 32GB DDR4) CLS-E-Yoke/Rudder, VTF G1000
http://www.twitch.tv/webstalle
XP Settings: Effects: Max, Text: max, 4xSSAA, Obj: High, Ref: High