HD CSLs now available

chevyrules

Re: HD CSLs now available

Post by chevyrules »

The person has to have the HD CSL and livery within his own PE plugin folder for you to show up on his screen as lets say a JetBlue 732.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

once the CSLs ae installed into the PE CSL Folder, will the liveries be used to display other aircraft in the vicinity at my local X-Plane display,
That one.

I'm not sure what a '3d livery' is. A livery is a set of 2d textures that are used to represent a specific paint job for a model. The process of building HD CSLs is fairly involved. I have an authoring guide in the works but it's not ready for release yet.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

United 737-200 livery added (thanks to Nick Rizzo for permission to use the livery). There is now a change log on the bottom of the CSL download page, too.
Nelson L.

Post by Nelson L. »

:D

I stand corrected.
X-Plane 10.45
Pilotedge - V3/I11 (N2253F; UAL/CAL 2253; TPX___)
Alphabet Challenge - 2 Legs Completed
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Would it hurt to add an additional folder in the CSL group to place all downloads in? As long as it is all under one 'roof' so to speak it should not conflict with anything, correct? I would like to create a folder PILOTEDGE just so I know I have the updated CSLs in there.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

They need to be placed in the root of the CSL folder, you can't create an arbitrary folder structure beneath it.
JustinWheat

Post by JustinWheat »

Thanks Keith!
BradCrain

Post by BradCrain »

First off, I love these. Had two questions real quick. I just purchased the Bell 412. Was wondering if this bird was on the list for future .CSLs? Also, is there a way to add the 412 ICAO code to the 407 HD .csl so I can at least see my friend as a 407 when we fly these together. Really hate the low rez dragon fly. Totally kills it for me. Thanks for any help and info.
Rotorcraft-Helicopter PPL
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The simplest thing to do would be for him to connect as a Bell 407. Short of that, you could edit plugins\PilotEdge\VSPro Resources\related.txt. Search for the line that has the B47T and S61 (it's all on one line). Remove the B47T and S61 entries.That way, when it look for the closest match to the B412, it should find the B407.
BradCrain

Post by BradCrain »

Thank you Keith! Will probably do option number two. Really appreciate the help and the super quick response.
Rotorcraft-Helicopter PPL