Scenery for PE

Jeff N

Re: Free Scenery for PilotEdge users

Post by Jeff N »

I just uploaded KPOC Brackett Field to the org, a SoCal airport I thought was sorely lacking.

This one's been a doozy - in fact it's still in progress, but I wanted to get it up and see if anyone had any feedback. I laid down orthos for the raceway portion of the Pomona Fairplex for a bit more ambience as well as started filling in some of the industrial park buildings to the north but I'd like to include more of the surrounding areas in the next update.

Enjoy: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=20204
Daddy O

Post by Daddy O »

Be sure to add cool spawn points.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Jeff N wrote:I just uploaded KPOC Brackett Field to the org, a SoCal airport I thought was sorely lacking.

This one's been a doozy - in fact it's still in progress, but I wanted to get it up and see if anyone had any feedback. I laid down orthos for the raceway portion of the Pomona Fairplex for a bit more ambience as well as started filling in some of the industrial park buildings to the north but I'd like to include more of the surrounding areas in the next update.

Enjoy: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=20204
Just tried out POC...very nicely done!
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Thanks! I have 3 more in the works: Flabob (early stages), John Wayne (done, based on an old version I found on the ORG, just waiting for permission to upload) and Fullerton (95% done).
Vincent Meier

Post by Vincent Meier »

Jeff N wrote:Thanks! I have 3 more in the works: Flabob (early stages), John Wayne (done, based on an old version I found on the ORG, just waiting for permission to upload) and Fullerton (95% done).
Jeff,

Great job on these sceneries!! I am parked at KPOC right now! Keep up the good work! SOCAL has never looks so good!!
Vincent Meier

Skyhawk 172: C-FEGU
Baron 58: C-FEED
Cirrus SR22: C-FLAG
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Thanks Vincent. I'm glad other people are getting some use out these airports. They take a long time to build but the results are always worth it - I'm determined to populate all major airports in the ZLA area.

I hate landing in post apocalyptic parking lots...

Just uploaded John Wayne to the org. Uses the old MSFS passenger terminal but everything else is new. Link: http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?app ... file=20658

EDIT: The above file is missing PAPI lights (as does the default X-Plane apt.dat file) - I'll update the file when I can (hopefully in the next 24 hrs) and post here when the new version is up. Might want to hold off downloading until then.
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

New version uploaded with PAPI lighting.
mdolislager

Post by mdolislager »

These are fantastic Jeff! Thank you so much! I enjoy having accurate airport scenery; beats having ATC tell you to exit runway on F and then realize it doesn't exist in your scenery :shock:

Just one quick question: I downloaded the SimHeaven LA photoscenery and a weird thing happened. KSNA scenery shows up on top of the photoscenery but most if not all of my other sceneries do not show up. I know it is supposed to be an order hierarchy in the Custom Scenery folder but the LA photoscenery is already at the bottom with a "Z" in front of the file name. Any ideas why KSNA is good but the others aren't?

Marcos
Jeff N

Post by Jeff N »

Ah, yes - I should've mentioned that you need to edit your scenery.ini file and put everything in the proper order. Very easy to do. Just fire up X-Plane, let it load, then quit. Go to your custom scenery folder and open the scenery.ini file in a text editor. Move the LA photoscenery line to the bottom of the list and save. Do this every time you add photoscenery or OSM libraries. The order should go 1. airport scenery packs (like mine), 2. OSM libraries, 3. photoscenery libraries.