Lost Comms in X-Plane 10.5

JonFly

Lost Comms in X-Plane 10.5

Post by JonFly »

I wanted to share what happened to me he other day to see if any other pilots are experiencing this. Also if controllers have seen an uptick in pilots losing comms that would be nice to know.

I was flying the Carenado 206 and comms were working both ways with ATC. Then suddenly I could not hear ATC nor could they hear me. I could hear X-Plane sounds and even ATIS.
I changed to the AirFoilLabs 172 and same thing, no comms. A reboot brought the comms back.

On the following flight ATC worked great for the first 20 minutes then again suddenly comms were gone. I had not changed frequency, had not selected COMM 2, nothing but changing my heading.

After this I decided to load up the new PE Client to see if it was client related. Same problem with new client.

Let me know here if anyone else is getting lost comms.

Thanks
Jon
aka JonFLy

twitch.tv/jonfly
Jon aka "JonFly"
See my livestreams www.twitch.tv/jonfly
Join the new X-Plane Users Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/xplaneusers/
liam kelly

Re: Lost Comms in X-Plane 10.5

Post by liam kelly »

Jonfly,
I had the same problem in a Baron, both the Xplane standard, and the Carenado. The problem turned out to be the battery was draining, and ATC is lost when it drops below a certain voltage, typically after 20 or 30 minutes in the air. Very annoying, as I had to opt out of the V3 rating test 4 or 5 times while I tried to fix the problem. I use Saitek panels, 2 radios, the autopilot, the TPM, and the multiswitch. The problem was the multiswitch, there is some compatibility issue which stops the generators from working, even if you turn them on manually. When I disconnected this, all the other panels work fine and ATC stays on for as long as required.
Regards,
Liam.