Couldn't connect to remote host [vspro.pilotedge.net:5558]

KRPerry

Couldn't connect to remote host [vspro.pilotedge.net:5558]

Post by KRPerry »

Hello Folks, I am a new user and need help. When I try to connect the Pilotedge plugin, I get error: "Couldn't connect to remote host [vspro.pilotedge.net:5558]"
I have a Windows 10 Pro, wondering if it is compatible with PilotEdge? I'm using the Aerofoillabs C-172.
I have a newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable on my machine - the one the Pilotedge site links to is not for Windows 10, so I did not install it.
I'm able to login to my account, and confirmed my password and login are the same.

Thanks for you consideration.
wmburns

Re: Couldn't connect to remote host [vspro.pilotedge.net:555

Post by wmburns »

KRPerry wrote:I have a Windows 10 Pro, wondering if it is compatible with PilotEdge?
Plenty of us are using Win10 home and pro and yes it is compatible. However your post does not state if this is the 32 or 64 bit version.
KRPerry wrote:I have a newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable on my machine - the one the Pilotedge site links to is not for Windows 10, so I did not install it.
I have built several Win10 PC and I can confirm that the version of Visual C+++ on the PE site does indeed work on Win10. In fact I can recall a previous PC built where I had trouble getting X-plane PE to work using what Microsoft said was the "latest" C++. Installing the version on PE, and success.

I recommend trying the C+++ version from PE. It won't hurt anything. If it does not work, please attach/upload the x-plane "log.txt" file to thread.

Also try to "ping vspro.pilotedge.net" from a CMD window. If the ping is successful this will "prove" the internet and firewall setup at your home.

Welcome and good luck.
KRPerry

Re: Couldn't connect to remote host [vspro.pilotedge.net:555

Post by KRPerry »

Hello WMBurns,
Thank you for your guidance - in fact I was NOT able to ping vspro.pilotedge.net. I lowered my Comcast router firewall setting to "Minimum", and that allowed it to connect.
I tried to set up port forwarding to open the two ports: UDP 9986 and TCP 5558, but that did not seem to work yet. So I will revisit that so I can move my Firewall Security level back up. Thanks for your help!

Keith