X-Plane 11 Beta 1 is Out - Scratch that Itch

Post by ehammersley »

If case you missed it...

http://www.x-plane.com/2016/11/x-plane- ... available/

Beta 1 is out as of today.
gsuoumu

Re: X-Plane 11 Beta 1 is Out - Scratch that Itch

Post by gsuoumu »

Will the PilotEdge XP10 app work with XP11? I'll probably download and tinker with the Beta over the weekend.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Per Laminar Research... ALL plugins and addons for 10 will work for 11.
Kyle Sanders
svilenv

Post by svilenv »

I can't speak for plugins and a/c just yet, but I started fiddling with scenery and in my experience there are no compatibility issues: HD Global Mesh, Ortho4XP photoreal scenery, some 20 libraries and a couple of dozen airports all seem to be loading and rendering without issues. The performance I'm getting on high rendering settings seems to be on par or slightly below with XP10: fluctuating around 40 fps at a major airport with HD mesh and Ortho4XP, around 50 fps without Ortho4XP tiles (default C172, real world weather). It looks like indeed CPU/multicore utilization is indeed better: getting a cumulative 50% load distributed on most cores, against 30% with XP10
Specs: Core I-7 6500K at stock clocks / GTX970 4GB VRAM / 16 GB RAM
Frankly I expected worse performance, with the GPU being the bottleneck, but we'll see how it goes later on with the release version.

Edit: screenshot @ KSAN:
Svilen Vassilev (N217S)
PE I-11 graduate, Certified Armchair Pilot
| Youtube flight recordings | Livestream
ehammersley

Post by ehammersley »

Same for me, no issues with plugins. I did _not_ try the PE client though. Figured I'd wait for Keith to give the go ahead.

One thing that didn't work was Navigraph data. New format needed per the error I received. It won't accept the XP 10 formatted data, so we'll have to wait for Navigraph to update their tool to output the right format for XP 11. There may be another way to do it, but I'm lazy and let the tools do the work for me. I don't need it to work right now anyway.

I'm impressed with the default aircraft. The default 172 looks really nice.