X Plane 11

gsuoumu

Re: X Plane 11

Post by gsuoumu »

tshuff wrote:You can turn off sloped runways by editing your preferences file.

\Output\preferences\X-Plane.prf

Find the line for renopt_sloped_runways and set it to zero.

I really hope they give us back advanced options. Half the reason I'm in X-Plane is so I don't have to muck around with a lousy config file.
Good help, thanks.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I have been testing XP11 and my impression of the view out the window is WOW! It's soooooooo much different flying VFR than XP10. MUCH harder to find land marks, roads, railroad tracks, and power lines. Especially when clouds, fog, early morning sun, or late afternoon sun is present. To anyone that has complained about XP10 being "cartoon like", try XP11. It's so much different.

How about trying to find a dirt strip in the desert?

However. I do have a love/hate relationship going on. Some problems I have encountered:
  • none of my Carenado turbo aircraft work from a cold and dark start. The PC12 engine catches fire when fuel is introduced.
  • Other of my Careando aircraft have other "issues". The DC buss voltage can't possible be modeled correctly.
  • My Saitek radio panels don't light up all of the time. The knobs work but then panel doesn't always light up. I can't figure out why it works some times and not others. Sometimes stopping and restarting the sim will fix it. Note, the radio panel works every time on XP10.
  • How about the bird flocks! I have to be the most unlucky pilot alive. Two crashes with less than 5 hours of flight time from bird strikes
  • Has anybody seen a herd of deer grazing on the airport tarmac?
  • In my sim there's a four engine heavy aircraft parked right next to a taxiway at KDAG. The tail completely overhangs the taxiway.
I have a 40" ultra high def TV that I'm using as a monitor. XP11 does work better with the large monitor. So much easier to read the dials/numbers on the dash. Under XP10 the type is so small that it's very hard to click some menu options.

XP11 is a work in progress.
gsuoumu

Post by gsuoumu »

Are you using stock scenery? With HD Mesh V3 and Ortho4XP I'm able to pick out roadways and other landmarks relatively easily. Can confirm some problems with my Carenado BE58 as well. The voltage is all out of wack and it's not usable with the REP. And the bird strikes do seem overly prevalent.
spenconk

Post by spenconk »

Hey Folks, relative newb to flight sims, compared to most of you.

Last time I flew a real airplane I had to abort a landing around 200 meters from the runway when the instructor noticed the herd of deer grazing beside it. So it does happen, they just don't graze on the tarmac, true true true! :D

On another note, altogether, I am considering switching from FSX Deluxe. It seems like I would have to buy scenery and airplane add-ons to get the same thing that appears to come with Xplane.
For example, A2A has a 172 Trainer that is $50. Has anyone flown both the A2A and Xplanes 172 for comparison.

Does it have PTT for calling ATC? I already purchased the ORBX Southern Calif. scenery which is pretty nice. Will I need it? Can I transfer it?

I dont want to keep spending on software like FSX if the Xplane is where I will end up eventually.
Thoughts?? :?: :?: :?: Many thanks for your educated opinions!!
Spencer
joomie

Post by joomie »

Just for info:
Carenado SR22T works with XP11.
Only issue I know:
The instrument screens show a logo when using
external camera.
X-Plane 11.00pb3, Win 10 (64bit), ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, Inno3D iChill GTX 1080 X3 (no OC), 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS Strix SOAR sound card, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV 3840x2160, TrackIR5.4.2