X Plane 11

sidfadc

X Plane 11

Post by sidfadc »

Hi guys

I've downloaded the public beta of XPlane 11, wow is all I can say!

I've decided to purchase the whole thing but was wondering if the Pilotedge client download will work with XP11 beta?

Thanks
Sid
Kyle.Sanders

Re: X Plane 11

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

According to Laminar Research, everything that worked (third party) with XP10, will work with 11.
Kyle Sanders
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

There were a few people flying XP11 on the network last night with no issues.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Kyle:

"According to Laminar Research, everything that worked (third party) with XP10, will work with 11."

Sadly, that is not true. Scenery appears to be fine. Airplanes not so. Many will work, some with the odd glitch, but others won't even load properly, according to the forums. I popped in the Carenado 206 (steam gauge version), and it seemed normal, apart from some jumpy/jiggly needles occasionally in some gauges. That may be due to controller issues, but they are perfectly smooth in XP10.........

I've only downloaded the demo beta, and I think the default scenery around KSEA looks great. However, if you are using the HD mesh already, and maybe ortho, it's not going to make any difference - except for the much improved autogen, the more active airport furniture, and diagrams for you to place yourself. The reflections on the metal of the planes are amazing, but I'm not really that bothered about that sort of thing - especially if I'm flying on PE. The interface is very attractive, but is dumbed down, and now several things we were used to altering in XP10's interface can (at the moment) only be adjusted by editing preference files.......... for example, no slope runways, which PE prefers.

It's obviously going to mature over the lifespan of the product and, to be fair, we are only playing with a buggy beta. However, I'm not going to jump in just yet, I don't think.............
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

This is unfortunate
Kyle Sanders
Regent 013

Post by Regent 013 »

Given the fact its an early beta, ( I would go so far as to say, it was rushed out) It's got plenty of issues. People are working out a lot of the kinks with planes. Personally I'm toast due to the controller issues. but in my limited testing, all of GBP and Mr X scenery seem to be fine; Slew mode 1.05, NOAA, Fly with LUA and PE seem fine. I have not tried planes as of yet since i can't get my controller set. Scenery world wide has gotten better, Once I can fly up around Hokkaido, i'll know for sure. Would I try it on PE? No, but thats simply because its a beta, using a beta on PE seems to just be a bad idea.

All in all for an early, rushed beta, its what is to be expected. We can see glimpses of promise, and some very rough edges. More folks we get testing the better it will be, and faster. Mean while I'll be in 10, trying to get used to flying pattterns at KSBP again (really hard since my visual cues aren't present)
D.E.Neely
XPlane Pilot
Scenery Designer
N2384L
jamesgood72

Post by jamesgood72 »

Did my first XP11 flight a few nights back, and it was smooth. No issues.
joomie

Post by joomie »

jamesgood72 wrote:Did my first XP11 flight a few nights back, and it was smooth. No issues.
XP11 works with PE plugin.
There is just the SASL bug I also reported here in Carenado planes which appears in XP10 too.
X-Plane 11.00pb3, Win 10 (64bit), ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, Inno3D iChill GTX 1080 X3 (no OC), 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS Strix SOAR sound card, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV 3840x2160, TrackIR5.4.2
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

flyingdrill wrote:
It's obviously going to mature over the lifespan of the product and, to be fair, we are only playing with a buggy beta. However, I'm not going to jump in just yet, I don't think.............
I believe I will wait a bit before jumping in since I just recently spent a large of money on scenery and aircraft that will apparently just be trash if I move to XP11 :cry:
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
John Bakelaar

Post by John Bakelaar »

I've been using both payware and freeware scenery in XP11 on PE without issue. There are a few small issues with some of my Carenado aircraft. But the new XP11 UI is such an improvement I can't go back. I know there are a number of folks that would like some of the graphic modifying features back but I am very happy with XP 11. I see it as a game changer for XP.