X Plane 11

Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: X Plane 11

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

John Bakelaar wrote: I know there are a number of folks that would like some of the graphic modifying features back
There are a couple of guys working on a plugin right now (it's actually in beta testing right now) that will give you a lot of that functionality back.

That said, I'm loving XP11 so far. I do like the UI, but would happily give up that UI if it gave me all the same menu options back.

I'd like to have the option to turn off the birds and deer and cars to be able to turn the trees and roads up to a higher setting, but that can't be done anymore.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

I really hope too, that they overthink that part of the UI and at least offer an option for showing advanced settings if the user wants them.

If there's one thing that I found great when I switched to X-Plane 10, it was the fact that you could fine-tune the sim in almost any direction without the need for messing with config files or additional software. At least I want a better (and separate) control over objects, roads, cars, boats etc. back.
BFG

Post by BFG »

John Bakelaar wrote:I've been using both payware and freeware scenery in XP11 on PE without issue. There are a few small issues with some of my Carenado aircraft. But the new XP11 UI is such an improvement I can't go back. I know there are a number of folks that would like some of the graphic modifying features back but I am very happy with XP 11. I see it as a game changer for XP.
The surprising number of P3D guys like me who have made the switch - to a beta no less - lends evidence to your game changer notion.
markab

Post by markab »

I've switched from P3d to XPlane11 and honestly even in beta form I don't think i could go back.

I followed the instructions for installation of the xplane mode for PE and it worked flawlessly.
BFG

Post by BFG »

I know I can't go back, even when P3D goes 64 bit next year. XP11 is just so great, and no tweaking. It's fantastic.
gsuoumu

Post by gsuoumu »

Only thing I noticed in my first flight today was planed 20 feet off the ground and ABQ. I know we had to turn off sloped runways for PE on XP10. Does anyone know if there's a setting for that in 11? I looked and couldn't find it.
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

gsuoumu wrote:Only thing I noticed in my first flight today was planed 20 feet off the ground and ABQ. I know we had to turn off sloped runways for PE on XP10. Does anyone know if there's a setting for that in 11? I looked and couldn't find it.

The option does not exist. Just like no option to turn off the birds and deer, etc.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
gsuoumu

Post by gsuoumu »

Shawn Goldsworthy wrote:
gsuoumu wrote:Only thing I noticed in my first flight today was planed 20 feet off the ground and ABQ. I know we had to turn off sloped runways for PE on XP10. Does anyone know if there's a setting for that in 11? I looked and couldn't find it.

The option does not exist. Just like no option to turn off the birds and deer, etc.
10-4 and what I figured. The UI for 11 is much simpler, but there was a ton my personalization and optimization in 10. I also couldn't find a way to turn off AI traffic as we did for PE in 10. Hopefully these things will be in the full release.
stealthbob

Post by stealthbob »

I can only imagine that this lack in granularity of settings is to control the variables in the Beta stage, I suspect we will see them all return in the release version...perhaps by way of an "advanced" tab.
tshuff

Post by tshuff »

You can turn off sloped runways by editing your preferences file.

\Output\preferences\X-Plane.prf

Find the line for renopt_sloped_runways and set it to zero.

I really hope they give us back advanced options. Half the reason I'm in X-Plane is so I don't have to muck around with a lousy config file.