[SASL ERROR] Setup error 40963 - Carenado SR22T v3.3

joomie

[SASL ERROR] Setup error 40963 - Carenado SR22T v3.3

Post by joomie »

Hi!

Since this crash to the desktop mostly happens when I'm connected to PilotEdge I'm just wondering if anybody
has ever experienced the same problem which isn't limited to the SR22T aircraft.

Find more information here:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fo ... ror-40963/

My special case is described here in above thread:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fo ... nt=1090147

Cheers,
joomie
Last edited by joomie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
X-Plane 11.00pb3, Win 10 (64bit), ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, Inno3D iChill GTX 1080 X3 (no OC), 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS Strix SOAR sound card, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV 3840x2160, TrackIR5.4.2
wmburns

Re: [SASL ERROR] Setup error 40963 - carenado SR22T

Post by wmburns »

I have previously helped a PE user with a plugin problem. It turned out that the plugin couldn't support directory names that were toooooooooooooooooo long. The work around involved moving the X-plane root from the desktop to the root of the hard disk. Once the full directory path was shorter it worked.

Your XP11 directory path:
Path: C:\Users/<user>/Documents/opt/windows/X-Plane11

It may not be your problem but it's fairly easy to move X-plane to a different root directory to shorten the name. Perhaps move "Documents/opt/windows/X-Plane11" to "Documents/XP11". At the very least change X-plane11 to say XP11.

From looking at the log.txt file it almost appears to me that XP is looking for scenery INSIDE the aircraft directory. Check out the following article on how to control the load options.

http://www.x-plane.com/kb/changing-cust ... -plane-10/

Are you running the latest version of the Carenado aircraft?

Your set up includes a ton of "extra" stuff. Perhaps a one in a million set of addon products. It's very easy to create a BETA X-plane install. I have a two X-plane installs on my system and use the 2nd install to test changes all the time. It's well worth the time it takes to set up. Since you have so much extra stuff in your set up, it might help narrow things down to create a vanilla XP install in a different directory. Then add stuff back in until something changes.
joomie

Post by joomie »

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I' going to do what you recommend and report feedback after having tested it.

Cheers,
joomie
X-Plane 11.00pb3, Win 10 (64bit), ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, Inno3D iChill GTX 1080 X3 (no OC), 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS Strix SOAR sound card, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV 3840x2160, TrackIR5.4.2
joomie

Post by joomie »

Hi again!

Alright, the same issue on a fresh install of XP11.00PB2

Just added the Carenado SR22T v3.3 and the Pilotedge plugin.
Log.txt is attached.
I loaded the aircraft at KSBA with engine running. After approx. 1 min --> crash to desktop (CTD) and last error in log.txt is the same...

Is it the PilotEdge plugin?
Attachments
Log.zip
(12.79 KiB) Downloaded 245 times
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

No reason for the crash is given in the log.

I would repeat the same test with a stock airplane, note the result, then I would try the SR22T without the PE plugin and note the result.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

+1 on testing with default aircraft.

Doesn't this user also have a very "special" audio/sound set up with an external sound card and other unusual audio software?

I wonder what would happen if a separate USB headset and mic were used. Then the PE plugin modified to use these USB devices thus bypassing the other audio devices.

It still appears to me that XP is looking for scenery INSIDE the aircraft directory.

Are there any "issues" with having an ATC traffic generator running at the same time as PE?
joomie

Post by joomie »

Hi!

The CTDs always ended up with a Log.txt ending with that SASL error.
Since none of the stock aircraft has a plugins/sasl sub directory it will not help to try to test
that with an aircraft which doesn't use the plugin SASL.

My audio setup:
- OnBoard soundcard of my motherboard ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING (https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z170-PRO-GAMING/)
- Sound card ASUS Strix Soar (https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/STRIX-SOAR/) which is plugged into one of the PCIexpress slots
- 5.1 sound system (loudspeakers) is connected via the three cinch cables (center/ subwoofer, front, rear) to the ASUS sound card
- Windows lists two playback devices (loudspeakers, headset)
- Headset: Sennheiser Game One Black (http://en-de.sennheiser.com/gaming-headset-game-one)
- The playback device "headset" is set as device to be used via the plugin of PilotEdge

Scenarios:

1) All sound (sim & radio) on headset:

- Headset is connected via the two (headphones and microphone) cinch cables to the ASUS sound card
- The playback device "headset" is set as default device and as default communication device

2) Sound (sim) on 5.1 sound system, sound (radio) on headset:
- Headset is connected via the two (headphones and microphone) cinch cables to the on board sound card
- The playback device "loudspeakers" is set as default device
- The playback device "headset" is set as default communication device

I purchased that expensive ASUS sound card to get rid of using the on board sound card.
But, this isn't possible with the PilotEdge plugin (see my conversation with ASUS below).

I hope the information is complete.

Cheers,
joomie
----

Conversation with ASUS:
Dear Mister X,

thank you for your request to our support.

It is not possible for the driver or the windows settings to split the audio into two different output devices. You will always only be able to set a single default device for output.

The only way to separate two audio stream is when the software that plays the sound itself (remark from me: I guess this would be the Pilotedge plugin) gives the opportunity to select a certain device for output. For example set the speaker as default audio output in the drivers and the game/software then needs the option to set a different output as well. Some programs like Teamspeak or Skype for example offer such a setting so that you can put their sound onto the headset, while everything else will be played via speaker.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, / Best regards,
Technical Support Division ASUS Germany
-------------
Dear support team!

There is just one reason, why I bought this sound card.
I use a flight simulator and want to be able to have the simulator sound (except the radio communication) played back
via my surround system which is listed as "loudspeakers" in sonic studio and works great.
In parallel I want to be able to get the radio sound being played back via the connected headphones.

Both devices are shown in the list of playback devices of Windows but I can only have one active (being not disconnected) --> see attached screenshots.

My expectation is, that this sound card makes it possible to playback two channels at the same time and via two different output devices. But I can not figure out, how that works.

Many thanks for your help in advance,
Attachments
playback_device_settings.png
playback_device_settings.png (203.32 KiB) Viewed 7627 times
Last edited by joomie on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
joomie

Post by joomie »

Even more hardware information attached if it's of interest.
Attachments
JARPC.zip
(22.92 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Keith Smith

Re: [SASL ERROR] Setup error 40963 - Carenado SR22T v3.3

Post by Keith Smith »

You asked if Pilotedge is causing the crash. The two tests that I mentioned would help determine if that's the case.

Regarding audio (a separate issue), it's trivial to have your xplane engine/ambient sound routed to one device and the PE audio routed to another. It can be done by specifying the speakers as the 'default device' and the headset as the 'default communications device' in Windows, OR, you can specify the headset as the playback device from directly within the PE plugin preferences.
joomie

Re: [SASL ERROR] Setup error 40963 - Carenado SR22T v3.3

Post by joomie »

Hi Keith,

Thanks for reply!
I'll test that. Promised.

I opened a separate thread regarding the audio setup:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6838

Greetings,
joomie