CTD when loading flight with XP11pb8 & PilotEdge plugin

PurdueKev

CTD when loading flight with XP11pb8 & PilotEdge plugin

Post by PurdueKev »

I am getting a crash to desktop in XP11 public beta 8 when trying to load a flight with the PilotEdge plugin installed in the appropriate folder. This occurs when trying to load flight, right after you get the "Done with Pre-loading" message. When I remove the PilotEdge plugin, there is no crash. The only other plugins I have are xEnviro and XSaitekPanels - this is a clean installation with no custom scenery or aircraft yet. Anyone else experiencing this?

PE was working fine in the previous public beta versions - this is the first time I tried with pb8.
Kevin Jaeger
Rural MD (Washington, DC area near KFDK)
PE V-3
My Alphabet Challenge results
PurdueKev

Re: CTD when loading flight with XP11pb8 & PilotEdge plugin

Post by PurdueKev »

I jumped the gun - removing PilotEdge didn't fix the problem. Even removed all of my other 3rd-party plugins and getting the same crash. Only thing that fixes it is to load a flight with the Stinson, and then switch to one of the other aircraft. I haven't added PE back in yet, but I am presuming now it will be fine with this workaround.

Same crashes are being reported on x-plane.org, anyone else seeing this issue with PB8?
Kevin Jaeger
PE V-3
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

The issue last night (I experienced the same thing) was not with the PE plugin, but with xEnviro. Their server was down and was causing both XP10 and XP11 to crash on startup. It's all up and running again and should be fine now.

It was a tough issue to track down because the log.txt file was not generating an error. Turns out xEnviro has it's own log file (xEnviroLog.txt) and the error was in there - "Server not responding or internet connection is not available"

I opened a support ticket with xEnviro last night once I discovered that. I got a response a few hours later and they confirmed that they did indeed have a server down last night for a bit.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
PurdueKev

Post by PurdueKev »

Thanks Shawn! Yeah, prior to this crash my XP10 copy was also crashing, which was weird. I ended up uninstalling XP10, which was probably a premature overreaction on my part but at least now I know I wasn't crazy! - it makes sense that xEnviro was the common factor.

Only thing is that I was still having an XP11 crash even after I removed xEnviro. Perhaps there are two different issues? I do know that PE was definitely NOT the culprit, as I loaded it back in to XP11 before heading to bed and it was working perfectly.

I will have to test xEnviro again tonight - it got too late for me to do further troubleshooting last night.

I am not too heartbroken over getting rid of my XP10 installation - except for the crashes XP11 pb8 performance is now a lot smoother for me. Seems to be getting closer to release-worthy.
Kevin Jaeger
PE V-3
Shawn Goldsworthy

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

PurdueKev wrote:
Only thing is that I was still having an XP11 crash even after I removed xEnviro. Perhaps there are two different issues?

This I'm unsure about. I haven't tried to launch XP11 since last night.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS