LOST COMMS

John Bakelaar

LOST COMMS

Post by John Bakelaar »

Recently I've been having issues regarding not receiving comms lately. Tonight, I attempted an IFR flight from KSNA to KSDM. I received clearance and taxi to 20R (from Keith). So far so good....until I attempted to contact tower (126.8). No comms whatsoever. I quadrupled checked by tower frequency and also attempted to call him up on the ground frequency I had just used. I disconnected and re-connected 3 times but no joy. I started up my PilotEdge Receiver on a second computer. I could hear another controller working ATC. Is there a log file that I can check to sort this out? I really don't want to give up on PilotEdge but it's getting very frustrating not having confidence in the comms. I'm using XP 11.
wmburns

Re: LOST COMMS

Post by wmburns »

I am having a TON of issues with XP11 and PE. I'm of the opinion the problem has to do with the updated electrical buss model used in XP11. For your airplane look at the DC buss voltage and amps. If the battery is not charging, the battery will drain. When the battery drains, PE will "simulate" the dead battery by killing the radio (just like in the real airplane). Hence the lost comm.

Suggestion. Re-create the flight using XP10. This should be easy as the license for XP11 includes a free XP10. I suspect you will find the results much different.

The Post does not mention WHICH aircraft is being used. It has also been my experience that the 3rd party aircraft are more affected by the XP11 "bugs". Also try re-creating your flight using a default XP11 aircraft.

Remember. XP11 is in BETA testing. Best not to depend upon a beta product.
John Bakelaar

Post by John Bakelaar »

Thanks for the suggestions.
joomie

Post by joomie »

wmburns wrote:For your airplane look at the DC buss voltage and amps. If the battery is not charging, the battery will drain. When the battery drains, PE will "simulate" the dead battery by killing the radio (just like in the real airplane). Hence the lost comm.
Yesterday I tried the JARDesign A330 v2.0b4 plus XP11pb9 and could not hear anybody on several airports tuning the tower or ground frequencies.
Is that post meaning something like that?

And how do the DC bus voltage and amps have to be to check that in the A330?

Many thanks,
joomie
Last edited by joomie on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
X-Plane 11.00pb3, Win 10 (64bit), ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, Inno3D iChill GTX 1080 X3 (no OC), 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS Strix SOAR sound card, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV 3840x2160, TrackIR5.4.2
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Kyle Sanders