XP11, GTN750 and PE Xponder question

Kilstorm

XP11, GTN750 and PE Xponder question

Post by Kilstorm »

New XPlane user here. My current Xplane 11 sim is Xplane 11 final version and GTN750 2.4.2. I have it installed in the default C172 in the 3D panel and everything seems to be working great except the TCAS. My question is how do I squawk Alt and standby? In P3D I get both a small CP window that allows me to change the transponder mode and also in the main PE window, theres a drop down option.

I am not seeing that in the XP version but while doing test patterns last night at San Luis the "SoCal Cutie" confirmed to me that I was squawking Alt while inflight and the GTN had me showing the same but when I landed it automatically went to Gnd but still transmitting and again she told me that I was still transmitting Mode C. I didnt manually move the transponder to Standby and she had her hands full for me to bother her one more time but feel that might of been the issue.

I see that the Rx and Tx work with the voice so I feel that the Transponder should/does as well and am looking for input from others who might know for sure. If so, that is awesome to know and never feel I need to go "outside" the vc to make transponder changes ever again!
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Kilstorm

Re: XP11, GTN750 and PE Xponder question

Post by Kilstorm »

Well after doing some test flights and nagging the controllers how they saw me, I am happy to report that the RXP GTN750 in XP11 RC1 is fully functional. It will auto change from Standby to Alt or Mode C when you take off and that in turns changes it in PE. The Ident button works and once on the ground you can select Standby and that will turn of the Alt reporting to the controller. In addition, the Rx and TX lights also work. Coming from P3D, that is very flippn cool to me!
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA