Relatively new to X-Plane - which airliner?

sidfadc

Relatively new to X-Plane - which airliner?

Post by sidfadc »

Hi guys,

Relatively new to XP since v11. I've been flying on PE in the default Cessna and recently purchased Pipistrel Panthera to satisfy my GA needs. I've been waiting patiently for the devs to catchup and release XP11 airliners. So far I have these on my shortlist

Rotate MD80
iXEG 737
Flightfactor 757

I really like the look of the iXEG but the update is still a while off. Rotate have just released an XP11 compatible MD80 v1.3 which looks nice. Not sure if Flightfactor is XP11 yet.

Looking for some advice about which one to get or if there is any I don't about?

EDIT: oops forgot to create this in the xPlane thread.

Cheers
Sid
Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: Relatively new to X-Plane - which airliner?

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

Hold off on the IXEG for sure until they get it updated. Things seem to have stalled there.

Both the Rotate MD80 and Flight Factor 757 are XP11 compatible.

I personally love both of these planes but prefer the MD80. It's just a dream to hand fly. The flight modelling characteristics are incredible. But it's still a little incomplete. There are some features yet to be added, such as a load manager, etc. The MD80 is also very hard on the frame rates compared to the others mentioned.

The Flight Factor 757 is great too. Not quite as fun to fly as the MD80 but it's more complete system wise and is an overall easier plane to fly.

You're going to want both eventually for sure, but for now, I'd say go with the aircraft type you like better, they both really are that good.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS
Keith Smith

Re: Relatively new to X-Plane - which airliner?

Post by Keith Smith »

Moving this to the XPlane subforum as it's Xplane-specific.