XPlane 11 PE Easter Egg

Kilstorm

XPlane 11 PE Easter Egg

Post by Kilstorm »

Perhaps this is a known thing but being I'm new to XP and XP11 is new, perhaps this is something that is also new. I brought the Panthera the other night and really like the GTN750 feature where it has a button to connect to PE without having to go into the menu or outside of the vc. I then went into the C172 Default with the GTN750 vc mod for the RXP GTN750 to see what that button does which is on the real GTN and the one modeled by RXP an intercom button.

Now the possible Easter Egg. Pushing that does nothing but I clicked the joystick button I have assigned to key the mic for PE 3 times fast and that action connected me to PE. So just by sitting in the vc, and keying the mic quickly 3-5 times, I get connected to PE and hear the "connected to Pilotedge" voice. Is this a known feature or am I just new to it all?
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Re: XPlane 11 PE Easter Egg

Post by Keith Smith »

it's a shortcut for connecting and disconnecting. It was added years ago for AATDs that don't have convenient mouse/keyboard access, or in cases where the connect dialogue is covered by a bezel in the cockpit (such as the Precision Flight Controls sims).
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

Cool. So what is the actual feature as far as usage? is there a certain way or amount of clicks to work since I just randomly found that feature? You also mention that you can disconnect this way, how does one go about doing that?
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

5 clicks within 3-4 secs (I forget which) toggles your connection state using the stored credentials.