The Pipistrel Panthera

flyingdrill

The Pipistrel Panthera

Post by flyingdrill »

To those of us who are fans of our wonderful X-Plane Pantheras, the real one approaches certification!

http://www.flyingmag.com/panthera-evolv ... tion-nears

The 200kt cruise spec. is about what we get. As for economy, I have no idea how much fuel I'm using! In most PE flights, it's irrelevant. I also wonder what the real panel will look like.

It's not going to be cheap at $480k base price...........
Keith Smith

Re: The Pipistrel Panthera

Post by Keith Smith »

Go to data input & output in xplane and turn on fuel flow :)
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Keith Smith wrote:Go to data input & output in xplane and turn on fuel flow :)
I know, but I don't care on PE in the sim! :lol: I do lean it, because....... , well, because.........

Now, when I RW fly, I do care - particularly if I rent dry! Also, I care about looking after mechanical things.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Leaning in the sim is absolutely the right thing to do. It's not just about reducing fuel burn, but you'll actually get quite a bit more power at the higher altitudes. If you climb to 8-10k and still have it full rich, you will be running at a mixture that is effectively much richer than you were on the ground and will be short of power as a result.
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Yes, I've found it makes a difference in some planes (I'm talking about XP here!), but not very much in others. It's interesting to see how many more kts. you can squeeze out with leaning. I also look at the fuel burn go down dramatically on those planes that have the appropriate gauge. However, on a PE TEC route at 4000', it's not really a big deal.