Pilotedge scenery xplane 11

dental1

Pilotedge scenery xplane 11

Post by dental1 »

Hi
I'm a new convert to xplane from p3d and want to know of good scenery that covers the pilotedge socal area and airports
Thx Lee
Keith Smith

Re: Pilotedge scenery xplane 11

Post by Keith Smith »

Moved the post to the X-Plane forum. The general forum is for topics that aren't simulator specific. This one is 100% xplane, so please use the most correct forum.
jkennebeck

Post by jkennebeck »

Mister X KLAX is a good one to start with.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/fi ... rnational/

If you go to the xplane.org site and search for scenery by ICAO code there is a LOT of great freeware/donationware stuff available for much of the SoCal area.
dental1

Post by dental1 »

Thx!
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Hi, I would HIGHLY recommend GPB500's donationware scenery.... almost all of it is in Socal. You basically get 10+ airports for 50 bucks
Contact him at gpb500-x at yahoo dot com
Not sure if these show up but a took some shots of a few of them:
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4992 ... nt-3523183

Also this dude did a nice job as well on many strips in the coverage area: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7194
Some might overlap with other scenery around, just pick which ones you like.

MisterX - yes LAX is good. He also did SAN and SFO.... those are great!

Oh and I almost forgot. If you have good HDD space, check out Ortho4XP - it's free software that you make your own photoscenery tiles with. This is higher than I usually fly but you basically can get this look for free (costs you download time and HDD space)

or I found this on my screenshot collection (near Palm springs)

Just north of John Wayne - lower level - you can pick the zoom level (higher zooms = higher GB's per tile)
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
dental1

Post by dental1 »

Hey Ryan
Really appreciate you taking the time to share your info. I discovered ortho4xp and am amazed that if used with a good overlay like HDmesh v3, the sim comes alive..
Orbx and the other 32 bit sims can't compare. The many hours that I've had to spend learning my way around x-plane have been worth it. I will be creating a sim link to an extra SSD to store the ortho. Is the USA2 source the best for So Cal. or is one of the others better?
I will be contacting that guy you recomended for the other scenery
Once again, thanks for your help.!
Regards Lee :D