no audio except ATIS

ghethco

no audio except ATIS

Post by ghethco »

Just getting started with X-Plane 10 (Windows 10) and PilotEdge. I have X-Plane configured and working, PilotEdge plugin is installed and my trial membership is activated. I am "connected" to PE successfully. I've tried the "First Flight" scenario (Oceano County -> San Luis Obispo) and also starting from KASE (Aspen, CO). These are both locations that are supposed to be ATC "live", right? It is 11:15 AM PST Sun Apr 23.

I tune to the ATIS frequency and I can hear the synthesized voice read out the ATIS data, great. But -- when I switch to ground or tower frequencies for either location, I hear *nothing*. I try transmitting, "Radio Check", no response. Tried a busier airport like SFO (San Francisco), still no joy. I've checked the audio settings, everything seems to be correct according to everything I've read on the PE website and this forum. I'm using a USB headset, it is configured correctly and works fine with all other apps I've tried (e.g. Skype).

Radio COM1 frequency is set to 124.0 (San Luis Tower), XMIT and RCV both set to COM1. PilotEdge Preferences -> Audio Output is set to my USB headset.

Any ideas?

Gary
ghethco

Re: no audio except ATIS

Post by ghethco »

Update: I am now able to hear ATC audio, but transmit is still not working. I am able to get ATC audio output on speakers, but not my USB headset. I'm going to try a separate mic to see if that works for XMIT.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Kyle Sanders
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Moderator note: moved this to the X-Plane forum
RakeshTiwari

Post by RakeshTiwari »

I am currently ready to hear ATC sound, however, transmit is as yet not working. I am ready to get ATC sound yield on speakers, however not my USB headset. I'm going to attempt a different mic to check whether that works for XMIT.