X-Plane PilotEdge Plug-in. Not working

rbloesser

X-Plane PilotEdge Plug-in. Not working

Post by rbloesser »

I am having difficulty keeping a consistent connection with the X-Plane (10.51r build 105101 64 bit), PilotEdge plug-in so that I can hear the PilotEdge ATC Controllers and they can hear me (nothing there). When I use the plug-in I notice that the preferences tab properly selects the only audio driver I have on my PC. I get the familiar audio tone feedback from the plug-in, “Connected to Pilot Edge…”. Yet no two way connection with the PilotEdge ATC Controllers
I use the PilotEdge standalone 32-bit receiver application with no problems.

Here Are The Steps I Have Taken:
• I have reinstalled and repaired both the Microsoft 32-bit and 64-bit C++ redistributable
• I have trashed and reinstalled a brand new downloaded version of the PioltEdge Plug-in and placed it in X-Plane Resources/Plug-in
• I have reinstalled my Windows 10 sound drivers
• Rebooted X-Plane and the PC several times

Additional Facts:
• All other sounds working normally including all other airplane noises in X-Plane (and all other apps on my PC)
• Microphone is normal, records and passes all other tests
• I use the PilotEdge standalone 32-bit receiver application with no problems.
Kyle.Sanders

Re: X-Plane PilotEdge Plug-in. Not working

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Your input/output devices in the Mircorsft Windows settings might not be configured correctly "default" vs" default communication device".
Check that out here: http://www.pilotedge.net/pages/connect-xplane
I've noticed that after each windows update, I have to desert mine, as windows brings everything back to factory defaults.
Kyle Sanders
rbloesser

Re: X-Plane PilotEdge Plug-in. Not working

Post by rbloesser »

Kyle -

Thank you for the tip. Your tip was a point in the right direction. Indeed, the problem was that a Microsoft Windows settings had not configured correctly the "default communication device" vs plain old default "default".

However, there was a lot of work fixing this known Windows issue. Windows 10 has a history of audio peculiarities. One, is naming the “default communication device.” Mine was not as simple as just doing a "right mouse button" menu selection. Here is a link that was put out in the Windows 10 beta days that is still relevant today. ( https://betanews.com/2015/08/20/fix-win ... microsoft/ )

In my case the MS Windows Auto Trouble Shooter fixed the problem, in other cases it may not be that easy.

I hope this thread helps anyone with similar issues.

- Rex