Saitek radio panel in XP11?

Turner

Saitek radio panel in XP11?

Post by Turner »

First: Tried xsaitekpanels but it's not working.

Is there any other known way to get the Radio panel working?

If not (and even if so)... any alternatives?

thanks
dvlourie

Re: Saitek radio panel in XP11?

Post by dvlourie »

Turner,

are you using any other panels besides the radio? I have them all and I use Spad.neXt. Google it. Very user-friendly for beginners and even more fun for experienced users. Lots can be done and yes I use it with XP11 with no problems.
Turner

Post by Turner »

Hi,

Thanks...

No, just the radio panel... I have SPAD (the original) but I did't know about this one.

I'll take a look - gotta say, though, $115 (I use P3D too) is pretty steep for something that really should have worked properly on purchase...

I guess that's the only alternative for Saitek at the moment.

dvlourie wrote:Turner,

are you using any other panels besides the radio? I have them all and I use Spad.neXt. Google it. Very user-friendly for beginners and even more fun for experienced users. Lots can be done and yes I use it with XP11 with no problems.
dvlourie

Post by dvlourie »

Here you go...

http://www.spadnext.com/home.html

I am not endorsing the product. I too used everything to get the panels to work. The original Saitek drivers were not very good....Google some videos on the product and i think you will be very happy...
Turner

Post by Turner »

Yes, saw that... it's how I knew it was expensive for something that shouldn't be necessary in the first place.

That said, the original SPAD I used allowed me to use my radio panel, so I'll consider it.

Thanks!
Andrew
Turner

Post by Turner »

Working with Logitech drivers.

Yay.
wmburns

Post by wmburns »

I have Xsaitekpanels working on XP10 and XP11. BUT I have notice some "strange" behavior when I switch back and forth between XP10 and XP11. When the sim is first loaded after a switch the panel lights may not work. The knobs will change frequency but the panel LED lights will be dark. What I have found that IF the LED lights don't work that in a great percentage of time it WILL work on the 2nd time the sim is started. IE, immediately shut the simm application down and re-start it.

For those rare cases where restarting the sim doesn't work then restarting the whole PC does the trick.

The problem is worst when jumping back and forth between XP10 and XP11.
BFG

Post by BFG »

I've found SPAD.neXt to be worth every penny. Drives all my Saitek gear without problem, and can assign functions to my DesktopAviator panels as well. The ability to configure profiles for different aircraft is worth the price on its own, IMO. I change aircraft and all my panel settings and configurations change automatically on the fly ...