Beta KVNY Scenery

BFG

Beta KVNY Scenery

Post by BFG »

Hi everyone. After creating KSBD and submitting it to the Gateway I've taken on KVNY, another hole in the default X-Plane SoCal landscape. It's very much a work in progress, but for those wishing to have scenery for this field a link to the file is below. Please don't open it in WED - it is a mess. Visually it's coming along, but many details, taxiway lines, lights, etc. still need fixing. But having looked at it in the sim it is flyable, so have at it if you like. I'll post updates as it comes along over the next week or two, and will post a final when I've submitted it to the Gateway.

Finally, this is verified for XP11 and uses only default objects, so there are no additional libraries necessary. If it doesn't work in 10 let me know and I will try to delete the offending object if I have time.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpv79zq4z8q5a ... A.zip?dl=0

And here are a few pics (not sure why they are so huge ...):

Kilstorm

Re: Beta KVNY Scenery

Post by Kilstorm »

Looks great at night (which is the only time I fly in Xplane11) thanks for the work in doing this.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Looks great so far!! My only comments would be that the regional airliner jets (I saw at least 2 Deltas and 1 United) are very unrealistic for VNY. Maybe consider swapping them out for something GA?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
BFG

Post by BFG »

Thanks. Those are default objects that I believe load random liveries. I'll swap them out. Sadly there are no generic jets G5-sized ...
BFG

Post by BFG »

Update: West-side taxi and roadway lines are complete.

File here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpv79zq4z8q5a ... A.zip?dl=0

dvlourie

Post by dvlourie »

Thanks for a job well done...I just installed it and it looks fabulous! BTW, good luck on the written!