Problem Connecting to Pilotedge

studentpilot

Problem Connecting to Pilotedge

Post by studentpilot »

I recently purchased the X-Plane 11 version of the Carenado Shrike 500s which works great but when I go to connect to pilot edge it says I'm missing the ICAO code. The ICAO is listed in the connect box but there isn't a box to enter the ICAO code. I used the AC50 ICAO code when I filed the flight plane with the correct tail number in both but it still gave me this error. Any suggestions on what I may be missing?
Keith Smith

Re: Problem Connecting to Pilotedge

Post by Keith Smith »

This is covered in the release notes for the software: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=361, specifically this part:
ICAO code detection at connect time. You no longer enter the ICAO code in the connect dialogue box. It's read from the aircraft directly. If the incorrect ICAO code is specified for a given aircraft, it needs to be corrected via PlaneMaker (in the Standard->Author menu). Say goodbye to the B58's and PA28's!
Carenado neglected to enter the ICAO code into PlaneMaker when they built the aircraft.
studentpilot

Re: Problem Connecting to Pilotedge

Post by studentpilot »

Thank you Kevin! I thought that might have been the issue But couldn't remember how to edit that. I'll get into plane maker and give it a shot. Thanks again!