Need help changing ICAO code in Plane Maker

TMA_Pilot

Need help changing ICAO code in Plane Maker

Post by TMA_Pilot »

I've researched the forums and can't seem to find this answer. I know that for me to be able to connect to PE X-Plane has to have the correct ICAO code for the plane. If not, you have to fix it in plane maker. However, I specifically tried this on the Carenado TBM 850, entered the code (TBM8), and saved the file in the aircraft directory. After doing so, XP 11 crashed every single time trying to load the plane. I had to completely delete the aircraft.

So can someone walk me through the exact process for changing/entering the correct aircraft ICAO code in plane maker and then saving the file correctly? I appreciate any help.

Thanks!
Marcus Becker

Re: Need help changing ICAO code in Plane Maker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I think you can use any text editor and search for "acf/_ICAO" and change the value to whatever you need. No need to fiddle with planemaker at all.
172MC

Post by 172MC »

Open the plane in planemaker, then in Standard/Author fill or correct the ICAO code for ATC box
TMA_Pilot

Post by TMA_Pilot »

Thanks for the feedback guys. I think I'll try your suggestion with the text editor Marcus. I tried doing it the other way by opening it in planemaker and changing the code under the "Author" tab, but when I saved it that's when I started getting the crashes. Maybe just using a text editor for that field will work better. I'll try it out and see.