PE traffic

flyingdrill

PE traffic

Post by flyingdrill »

PilotEdge folder.jpg
PilotEdge folder.jpg (325.75 KiB) Viewed 6179 times
I'm finding that I see far less traffic since "upgrading" to the latest PE client. I frequently never spot traffic called out to me, and I'm pretty sure that it was a lot better before the new client. I do see some traffic, and I'm wondering whether I have either too many or too few CSLs.
My folder (directory) structure is the VSPro Resources in the PilotEdge folder. Then under that I have the CSL folder, which then has loads of folders inside that - some with specific planes, and others like "Jets", which then contains numerous airliner folders (like A320, B744, etc.).

I think that is how it's supposed to be, but please correct me if I'm wrong. Is anyone else seeing reported traffic less these days?
Keith Smith

Re: PE traffic

Post by Keith Smith »

You have a mix of old and new CSL's. My guess is that you didn't delete your PE folder and start from scratch as recommended in the release notes for the new plugin. You should delete the PE folder, unzip the plugin again, and then install any additional HD CSL's that you recently downloaded.

As for seeing the aircraft from further away, the old CSLs were visible from MUCH further away than they would've been in real life due to the unrealistic lights. The reality is that aircraft are quite hard to spot during the day from anything other than a couple of miles.
flyingdrill

Re: PE traffic

Post by flyingdrill »

Keith Smith wrote:You have a mix of old and new CSL's. My guess is that you didn't delete your PE folder and start from scratch as recommended in the release notes for the new plugin. You should delete the PE folder, unzip the plugin again, and then install any additional HD CSL's that you recently downloaded.

As for seeing the aircraft from further away, the old CSLs were visible from MUCH further away than they would've been in real life due to the unrealistic lights. The reality is that aircraft are quite hard to spot during the day from anything other than a couple of miles.
From my Apple's "date added" feature, I can see that I did the recommended installation, but added all the old CSLs as well as the new ones at the same time. I'll start again. Funnily enough, today I did see some more traffic, but I'll reinstall and leave out the oldies.

As for the reality situation, you are (of course) spot on!