Frequency not changing with JARDesign A320?

AFankhauser

Frequency not changing with JARDesign A320?

Post by AFankhauser »

Hello all!

So i recently purchased the JARDesign A320 for XP11 which is an absolutely amazing quality aircraft and im noticing one particularly annoying bug. I power up the ac by whatever means(ext power or apu) and flip on the radio. I tune it to the appropriate ATIS frequency to test and i hear ATIS just fine. I flip it to something like clearance delivery or ground and call for a mic check and hear nothing. I check the live map to see if im even showing on the proper frequency, and it shows me on 199.998 or something like that which leads me to believe that the ac is not handling the frequency change on pilot edge appropriately. If anyone has any insight into this issue it is much appreciated as i cannot wait to fly this thing on the network. Thanks for your time!
Shawn Goldsworthy

Re: Frequency not changing with JARDesign A320?

Post by Shawn Goldsworthy »

This is a known issue with the Jardesign Airbus. Both the A320 and A330. It has to do with the custom electrical system and the PE client not being able to read the voltage to determine if there is enough power for the radios to work.

The workaround is.......... Map a joystick button in X-Plane to turn BAT1 on. Then the PE client can read the voltage and it will work.
Shawn Goldsworthy
PilotEdge ATCS