connect / disconnect PE

FDXDave

connect / disconnect PE

Post by FDXDave »

So there is a feature which is meant to make things easier on the pilot
To connect or disconnect from PE by clicking the mic button like 3 or 5 times in a row.
although this is a cool feature, i guess i have a nervous habit of pushing it
A few times before i speak resulting with being disconnected. Is there a way to
Turn off this feature? I only use the main menue / plug in menue in xplane
To connect anyway. Thanks.
Dave.
Keith Smith

Re: connect / disconnect PE

Post by Keith Smith »

We don't have a build which disables the feature but I'll consider it in the future. The core issue here is that you're pressing the PTT when you shouldn't be. Tackle that, and you're all set. Many pilots have a nervous tick as part of their radio calls (ie, starting with "aaaaaaand", or adjusting their boom mic are two common examples), it's somewhat normal, but it's also something you can address.
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

Keith Smith wrote:We don't have a build which disables the feature but I'll consider it in the future. The core issue here is that you're pressing the PTT when you shouldn't be. Tackle that, and you're all set. Many pilots have a nervous tick as part of their radio calls (ie, starting with "aaaaaaand", or adjusting their boom mic are two common examples), it's somewhat normal, but it's also something you can address.
Ok. Was worth a shot. I'll work on it for sure. thanks for the quick responce. ; )
rtataryn

Post by rtataryn »

With a nervous tick like that flying RW at night, you could be turning on pilot-controlled lighting at airports all along your route. :-) LOL.
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

rtataryn wrote:With a nervous tick like that flying RW at night, you could be turning on pilot-controlled lighting at airports all along your route. :-) LOL.
lol. True