Linux Client Issue

megaphone

Linux Client Issue

Post by megaphone »

Hello, I am having issues with the Linux client of PilotEdge.

After finally getting past some bugs related to other plugins crashing my sim when paired with PilotEdge I have gotten to a stage where the sim and plugin both load up, however I have a new Issue now.
The client prompts me with a dialog box to select my preferred audio input device (afaik the Configuration menu in the plugin menu). After selecting my preferred device, the dialog disappears and nothing happens.

Throughout this entire process and afterwards the Connect / Disconnect options in the plugin menu remain greyed out (unavailable) and no messages are printed to a log or displayed.
Obviously this is something I should have checked to make sure it works before I pulled the trigger on subscribing but I did not, I have already contacted support but have not yet received a response / indication they are
looking into the issue.

Running Ubuntu 16.04 w/ latest X-Plane 11 (non beta)
EDIT: Figured I would also mention that I have tried several different sound devices such as a Razer Kraken headset, as well as an Analog headset plugged into both the front and rear audio jacks of my PC.
Keith Smith

Re: Linux Client Issue

Post by Keith Smith »

Closing the loop here, we got this resolved. The machine was set up as a slave, that is why the connect option was greyed out.