Losing ability to transmit after going into XP11 settings

Kevin_atc

Losing ability to transmit after going into XP11 settings

Post by Kevin_atc »

I have been having an issue for a while where it seems that if I go into the settings menu in Xplane 11 at some point during my flight on PE, once I leave the menu I can no longer transmit to ATC. When I hold down my PTT, it blocks out the incoming audio so I know the PTT is mapped properly and I'm connected to the voice room, but I can't get any audio to go out to the controller.

I have tried everything from unplugging/replugging in headset, disabling/enabling the audio device, disconnecting from PE then reconnecting and even shutting down to cold and dark in the plane and trying to fire it back up. The only way I'm able to fix it is a full reboot of XP11 which (of course) ruins my flight.

XP11.05 (64bit) Windows 10
USB headset
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
172MC

Re: Losing ability to transmit after going into XP11 setting

Post by 172MC »

I have experienced the same a couple of times, hearing the controller and other pilots, but not being heard, well into a flight with the PTT working fine until that point. I did not notice whether it happened after going into Settings, which I will avoid from now on. Thanks for the information.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

172MC wrote:I have experienced the same a couple of times, hearing the controller and other pilots, but not being heard, well into a flight with the PTT working fine until that point. I did not notice whether it happened after going into Settings, which I will avoid from now on. Thanks for the information.
Glad to see there is someone else with the same issue. Out of curiosity, do you have any GoFlight hardware? I can’t imagine that’s causing any issues, but it does make me wonder.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
172MC

Post by 172MC »

No, no GoFlight; lots of Saitek panels, Brunner yoke and Redbird pedals.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Okay, thanks. Glad to know it’s not GoFlight related.

Keith- Thoughts?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

First I've heard of it. The more common case is the radios die during flight (caused by generators not being on). Drop me a note when you are going to start a flight and I'll try to be available to debug in real time. I need to find out if you're truly not transmitting anything, or if there's another reason the controller can't hear what you're saying. Seems like an odd case.

I fly a lot, with a USB headset, and have never seen this before.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Wilco
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Mortified666

Post by Mortified666 »

I am in the same boat atm. Had a couple of attempts at my Cat 9 and each time I can't even get of the ground due to radio's locking up or something.

I am using the Airfoil Labs C172, With the live map open, I can see my frequecies changing initially to Clearance. For about 5 mins, I can freely change freq and see it update in the Map. Then it will get hooked up and go to 199.98 and no matter what I do in the plane. The Map won't show any changes or updates. Only way to get them working again is a complete restart of X-Plane 11. I have tried repairing x-plane, reinstalling all my plugins, reinstalling the C172. No luck. It is becoming quiet frustrating cause I am recording my CAT ratings and now am stuck.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Mortified666 wrote:I am in the same boat atm. Had a couple of attempts at my Cat 9 and each time I can't even get of the ground due to radio's locking up or something.

I am using the Airfoil Labs C172, With the live map open, I can see my frequecies changing initially to Clearance. For about 5 mins, I can freely change freq and see it update in the Map. Then it will get hooked up and go to 199.98 and no matter what I do in the plane. The Map won't show any changes or updates. Only way to get them working again is a complete restart of X-Plane 11. I have tried repairing x-plane, reinstalling all my plugins, reinstalling the C172. No luck. It is becoming quiet frustrating cause I am recording my CAT ratings and now am stuck.
Seems like a bit of a different issue than mine. For me, I never have issue changing freqs. Literally everything works fine for me except for the fact that I can’t transmit. As I mentioned before, I think it has something to do with me accessing the settings menu but Keith hasn’t been able to troubleshoot it with me yet.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Mortified666 wrote:I am in the same boat atm. Had a couple of attempts at my Cat 9 and each time I can't even get of the ground due to radio's locking up or something.

The problem you're describing is almost 100% certainly related to bus voltage. The reason that restarting xplane works is because you're starting with a fresh battery after you load the sim. Plugin installation, repairing xplane or reinstalling the 172 are not going to have any effect. Go to your data input and output screen and start monitoring your battery voltage and alternator stats. Try to find out what's going on there.