Pilotedge liverys?? why am i showing as cessna.

CrazierChief

Pilotedge liverys?? why am i showing as cessna.

Post by CrazierChief »

do you know how to use vFlyte Piper Arrow III XP11 Version liverys on Pilotedge so that other People see the Piper Arrow i fly online and not the standard Cessna, i have questioned this on the vFlyte forum but have not got any respons yet.
its the same With my Dornier 228, im showing as a baron or a kingair for the others, i have even been shown as a 737 by 1 person, and yes i use the right code when connecting to PE, P28R as the Piper Arrow. and D228 as the Dornier 228.
this is bothering me so much im not sure if im going to stay on PE in 2018, i cant seem to Accept that im showing up as something im not, and when other People talk to ATC as a piper, or whatever the are they all show up as cessnas.
Keith Smith

Re: Pilotedge liverys?? why am i showing as cessna.

Post by Keith Smith »

I'd be happy to describe why it's happening.

First off, asking the question on the vFlyte forum isn't likely to lead to an answer as it has nothing to do with the vFlyte product itself. PilotEdge uses a set of visual models (called CSLs) to display aircraft in the sim. These are 100% unrelated to the ACF files that are used when you load a flyable aircraft in the sim. In other words, having various aircraft installed in your sim doesn't mean they can be used as visual models by PilotEdge (or VATSIM/IVAO).

When we first launched with PilotEdge, we shipped with a wide range of low fidelity visual models that didn't support hi res textures, multiple objects per airplane, animations, lighting, shadows etc. That was the state of technology at the time for CSLs. The model set did include quite a few Piper aircraft at the time.

Working with Laminar Research (the xplane devs), we jointly came up with a new HD CSL format based on the latest generation of xplane 3d objects, supporting all the things listed above. These are the so-called HD CSL models. We developed a number of these with permission from the original aircraft authors. The biggest increase in the number of visual models happened when the "Bluebell CSL" pack was released on the .org. These are medium fidelity CSLs with limited animations, low poly counts and relatively low-res textures, but they're still a step up from the old world.

We converted the bluebell CSL pack to allow for our 'ground clamping' technology and incorporated them into our release. The model set includes some GA aircraft, but no Pipers.

I have received permission from Jason Chandler to include his Pipers in our model set and have nearly finished the project except for the lighting which has run into a pretty significant problem due to how the aircraft were originally created. I also have permission from vFlyte to build their Arrow as a CSL but haven't built it yet (you're the first to ask for it, actually).

So, the short version is, we can indeed develop a Piper visual model and intend to do so (especially since there are no Pipers in the current model set). If you want to cancel your subscription because of this issue, that is up to you. I appreciate the reminder that we need some Pipers in the model set. Since the Chandler Piper series is going to pose a problem regarding the lighting, I will increase the priority of porting the vFlyte Arrow instead.
rtataryn

Post by rtataryn »

Any plans for a Cirrus SR2(x) Keith? (Even if I said pretty please?) And if so, would it only be specific for vFlyte, FTS or Carenado, or would it be seen as an SR22 regardless of the user's sim aircraft brand?
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

rtataryn wrote:Any plans for a Cirrus SR2(x) Keith? (Even if I said pretty please?) And if so, would it only be specific for vFlyte, FTS or Carenado, or would it be seen as an SR22 regardless of the user's sim aircraft brand?
Rod, the SR20 was added last May: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5298&start=60#p47983

PilotEdge doesn't know which specific payware airplane you're using, it only knows about ICAO codes. So, whether you fly in the Carenado, FTS or vFlyte really doesn't matter, the system just sees SR20 or SR22. The Cirrus visual model we're using is based on the vFlyte Air model. You can download it from the HD CSL page.
rtataryn

Post by rtataryn »

Oh nice Keith!!! Not sure how I missed that. Thank you!

I have been signing in as an S22T, which is the ICAO code for the SR22 Turbo. Will that be seen, or do I need to be an SR22 or SR20 only? If not, can S22T be added to the list of visible ICAO's for the Cirrus CSL?
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
Barrosco

Post by Barrosco »

Hi Keith, I've also got a question regarding CSL's. I've noticed that every aircraft I've seen thus far is defaulting to either the stock XP-11 B58 or C172. For example, while performing my CATII, I looked on the live map and saw that a BE20 was on the ramp with me at KSBP and it was displayed as the stock B58 with no props or sounds. I looked in my CSL library, and it looks like the Blue Bell GA folder has a BE20 included. Is there something I'm missing?

On my first test flight, I had one AI aircraft enabled as required with VATSIM, but I was getting some kind of aircraft monstrosity with a B58 entangled in every other aircraft around. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alex
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Something isn't right there. Can you post a shot of your CSL folder?
Barrosco

Post by Barrosco »

Sorry about the delayed response. Here's my folder which I don't think there's anything wrong with. I'll do some testing in populated areas and see if the issue persists.
Attachments
CSL Folder.PNG
CSL Folder.PNG (563.44 KiB) Viewed 4873 times
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Barrosco, what version of the plugin are you running? You can get that from the PilotEdge_out.txt file in the xplane root or from the plugin info screen in xplane.